Author Topic: Getting rid of hyperpigmentation?  (Read 3170 times)

Offline JayJay87

• Learning the way of Sly
Getting rid of hyperpigmentation?
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:57:15 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm new.  I've always been trying to get rid of all these marks and dark spots on my head.  I'm black (quite light skinned) and i just assume at the moment that it's hyperpigmentation and that my skin is just more vulnerable to it.  Is there anything that I can do to get rid of these.  It's really starting to get me down now and constantly worried about how I look.  Tried a lot of stuff based on advice and always failed.  I've been using Bump Patrol for the past few weeks that has really worked and has gotten rid of a lot of the bumps, but i'm still stuck with the dark spots (they don't look as bad on these photos).  Can I ever look better or am i stuck looking like this?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:06:19 AM by JayJay87 »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Getting rid of hyperpigmentation?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:35:17 AM »
I suggest you seek the advice from a Dermatologist, they may have some suggestion the may actually work.  However, it doesn't look bad to me.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 12:19:41 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm new.  I've always been trying to get rid of all these marks and dark spots on my head.  I'm black (quite light skinned) and i just assume at the moment that it's hyperpigmentation and that my skin is just more vulnerable to it.  Is there anything that I can do to get rid of these.  It's really starting to get me down now and constantly worried about how I look.  Tried a lot of stuff based on advice and always failed.  I've been using Bump Patrol for the past few weeks that has really worked and has gotten rid of a lot of the bumps, but i'm still stuck with the dark spots (they don't look as bad on these photos).  Can I ever look better or am i stuck looking like this?

really doesn't look bad at all! 

i think photos draw out the contrast of photos as such. in real life, people will hardly see spots like you have. keep it shaved proud would be my advice

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »
@JayJay87 check out this regiment from Rodan and Fields. It's a bit pricey, but it helped my mom with something similar.

https://tarahug.myrandf.com/shop/product/rvrgg01
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:00:07 PM »
Honestly, you are being your own worst critic!  I don't think that anyone - except you - even notices those small, evenly spread out, spots.  In fact, it has the appearance of the shadows of hair follicles!   Your head looks like what guys spend $5,000 getting SMP tattoos to get!

I have lots of spots on my head but mine aren't nice and evenly sized and evenly dispersed like yours are.  Mine are "old man" or "age" or "Liver" spots.  Once or twice a year a doctor friend of mine who operates a tattoo removal laser for another friend of mine goes over my head and hits the worst of them with the laser to break them up; but;

a.  Even though he uses numbing cream and cold air - it hurts!

b.  And they always come back.

c.  It costs A LOT MORE than the skin bleaching cream that Tyler has identified in his post.