Author Topic: People asking if it's chilly or cold  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
People asking if it's chilly or cold
« on: April 06, 2019, 06:49:33 PM »
Winters here in Western NY tend to get pretty cold, so sometimes I get asked, "Does you head get cold?" or "Is it chilly?" and the occasional, "You probably wish you had hair right now!" Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: People asking if it's chilly or cold
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 05:33:54 AM »
Haven't had people ask, they probably just assume it's cold. I've had alot of people comment about it being cooler in the summer.

I never used to be a hat guy when I had hair, but I have a nice collection of winter hats being I'm in Minnesota.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 11:20:54 AM »
I lived in upstate NY and shaved my head my several years starting in about 1980.  Except when it got real cold seldom wore hat.  No comment about being cold but did get other comments at the time.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 04:20:40 PM »
it hasnt happened in awhile but people have asked me if my head gets cold in the winter,I live in wisconsin and its cold in the winter.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 12:27:33 PM »
Winters here in Western NY tend to get pretty cold, so sometimes I get asked, "Does you head get cold?" or "Is it chilly?" and the occasional, "You probably wish you had hair right now!" Has this happened to anyone else?
i just realized, nobody ever said to me, 'you prob wish you had hair.'  (I've been called a bald f'cker tho.)  haha

in philly cap is required outside from November thru March. had to walk streets without one.

Offline professor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 07:45:26 AM »
Live in NE US as well and routinely wear a hat outside Oct thru March because you definitely feel the extra chill without. Although a routine problem I found is on windy days baseball caps will tend to fly off randomly. Need to be careful with hat selections on windy days in the fall/winter!  Anyone have the same issue with baseball hats or possible recommendations to overcome?

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 07:38:49 AM »
I used to wear baseball caps all the time when I was a #1 or #2 buzz. After shaving, I found that I didn't like the feel of them anymore. I'll just throw on a skull cap now and call it a day. Thin for warmish windy days, and thicker for the cold ones.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 12:56:33 PM »
Live in NE US as well and routinely wear a hat outside Oct thru March because you definitely feel the extra chill without. Although a routine problem I found is on windy days baseball caps will tend to fly off randomly. Need to be careful with hat selections on windy days in the fall/winter!  Anyone have the same issue with baseball hats or possible recommendations to overcome?
Weather here is f'ed. Yesterday it was 35 and windy, felt like 20s.  And I'm out with my naked bald head. Felt miserable after being teased with temps in the 60s a few days ago.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 04:07:34 PM »
Definitely,this past winter I hear a lot that 😂. They really sound concerned,like if you're gonna die frozen or something like that.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 08:02:18 AM »
As soon as the weather warms up for good, I’m taking the razor to my head and shaving it bald again!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 11:19:35 AM »
Yes, Chuck, it's time to shave that noggin smooth as a babies butt! You look great shaved bald, I'll bet you miss sporting the best haircut going!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 11:24:30 AM »
I have only been asked a few times, once by another guys with a shaved head.  He asked because it was cold and he was wearing a beanie, I had nothing on my head.

We have so few cold days in South Louisiana, I do not usually bother unless I plan to be out for an extended time.
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 05:39:50 PM »
It’s definitely warmed up and I’m definitely sly again!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 06:01:40 AM »
Looking great Chuck! It's always fun to go back to the "summer" haircut, not to mention how good it feels to rock the smooth bald head. Enjoy!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 07:21:45 AM »
It’s definitely warmed up and I’m definitely sly again!

totally works on ya