Author Topic: Loosing hair and facing the music.  (Read 8529 times)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Loosing hair and facing the music.
« on: January 22, 2019, 09:45:28 AM »
Me with hair circa 19 and 20. I was finding clumps of hair on my pillow and in bathroom drain. I thought it was normal until my buddies kept reminding me I was thinning on the crown. I took heroic measure to hide it with a mop of long hair and BANGS as I was a Norwood III vertex and fading fast. If course, I was in denial.

The bald pic I'm a senior in college when I said, f**k it. Prob NW6. And I was trying to build confidence as a bald guy. Thought it was too soon to become my old man and feeling my way, wondering what girls would date a bald guy in his 20s. I did sense a change in my own attitude and how others related to me. The funniest thing was some friends didn't recognize me at first appearance. F*ck.

These pics were from prints before the dawn of camera phone. I wish I had pics of the top and back of my head. LOL.

All comments welcome. And feel free to share yours.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Loosing hair and facing the music.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:00:58 AM »
Well, from a guy that shaved off a full head of hair, I think you look awesome bald! Different, but good. You just have to deal with things you can't change. So many more important things in life that the amount of hair you have. Lucky for you, bald is a great look forcyou, and we are living in a time that shaved heads are just another haircut.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 10:03:33 AM »
Well, from a guy that shaved off a full head of hair, I think you look awesome bald! Different, but good. You just have to deal with things you can't change. So many more important things in life that the amount of hair you have. Lucky for you, bald is a great look forcyou, and we are living in a time that shaved heads are just another haircut.
I'm glad to see a lot of guys embrace our style these days although I  wish it was more common when I was a younger jack ass. Ha!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 10:36:45 AM »
That's crazy amount of hair! Very Andre Agassi.
 And I thought that I had a lot.

Fortunately,the smooth and shiny head suits you.

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 11:59:15 AM »
Wow you had a lot of hair. However, you look great bald and don't forget it.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 12:55:52 PM »
You did have nice hair.  My story is different - I had a lot of hair, but never thought of it as nice hair.  Too much curl to keep it in any decent style, but not enough curl for a curly style, if that makes sense.  So even though my hair stuck around until age 50 or so, I never liked it.  I wish BBC had been more popular and I had just shaved it sooner, like @Tony Dadá

I do not have many old photos, but I found this on from about age 17

SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 01:28:01 PM »
You did have nice hair.  My story is different - I had a lot of hair, but never thought of it as nice hair.  Too much curl to keep it in any decent style, but not enough curl for a curly style, if that makes sense.  So even though my hair stuck around until age 50 or so, I never liked it.  I wish BBC had been more popular and I had just shaved it sooner, like @Tony Dadá

Wow. thanks for sharing. You had a lot of hair, too. 

I've been bald/shaved like 15 years already. Damn time flies.

I think as a teenager, hair is one of the important things when you're sowing your oats. (That, and the right sneakers.) I felt so alone when I started balding. Other bald dudes were ancient to me.

I see my old pics and can't even relate anymore. It's like that's someone else. I can barely remember what it was like getting haircuts and styling, products, etc. And eventually the energy required to worry about hiding the hair loss. Jezz!

The gym I goto regularly is loaded with bald dudes, all ages. I'm one of what I estimate 25%. Feels good in numbers.

That said, I glad where I am today.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 01:52:12 PM »
That's crazy amount of hair! Very Andre Agassi.
 And I thought that I had a lot.

Fortunately,the smooth and shiny head suits you.
Thanks man. I'm ready for a new style: SHINE!  LOL

As a matter of fact, Agassi was inspirational for me.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 10:46:02 PM »
Wow you had a lot of hair. However, you look great bald and don't forget it.
thanks. appreciate that. looking at my old pics I feel like I was SOFT w/ a mop of hair.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 11:33:04 PM »
You want "honest"?  O.K., I will be honest:

When I saw the first photo I said to myself; "I'll bet that guy is gay and he has a DAMN handsome face - that cleft chin - WOW!  But that Toupee he is wearing is just awful!"

When I saw the second photo I said to myself;  "Well, that "headlight" hairstyle on the front is a bit better than his other toupee; but that photo must be from the early 1980's because he is wearing a Mullet haircut in the back that Billy Ray Cyrus would approve of!"

When I saw the third photo I said to myself: "DAMN, he is A REALLY HANDSOME MAN!   God, I hate him!  Look at those eyes!  I never noticed those eyes when I was distracted by those tragically tortured hairstyles he had when he was wearing that toupee! Hmm...but why would he hide that chin with the goatee?  Less than 20% of the male population has the genes that result in a cleft chin - why would he hide that?  Burt Lancaster would have been just another wannabee if he hadn't had that cleft chin!"

And yes, I really miss my hair.  Today especially I was missing my hair and contemplating trying to grow it again hoping that this time it might be better being that I am farther away from the medications, etc.......

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 04:00:26 AM »

Thanks to guys like you,going bald by choice at young age was easy. ;)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 09:11:36 AM »

When I saw the first photo I said to myself; "I'll bet that guy is gay and he has a DAMN handsome face - that cleft chin - WOW!  But that Toupee he is wearing is just awful!"

When I saw the second photo I said to myself;  "Well, that "headlight" hairstyle on the front is a bit better than his other toupee; but that photo must be from the early 1980's because he is wearing a Mullet haircut in the back that Billy Ray Cyrus would approve of!"

When I saw the third photo I said to myself: "DAMN, he is A REALLY HANDSOME MAN!   God, I hate him!  Look at those eyes!  I never noticed those eyes when I was distracted by those tragically tortured hairstyles he had when he was wearing that toupee! Hmm...but why would he hide that chin with the goatee?  Less than 20% of the male population has the genes that result in a cleft chin - why would he hide that?  Burt Lancaster would have been just another wannabee if he hadn't had that cleft chin!"

And yes, I really miss my hair.  Today especially I was missing my hair and contemplating trying to grow it again hoping that this time it might be better being that I am farther away from the medications, etc.......

Thanks for the feedback. I played drums in bands when I had hair, so that's why it was longer to fit in with the other band mates who all looked like Eddie Vedder. The thought of a mullet is enough to make anyone croak.

The chin thing. HONEST TO HELL, I never even thought about it. Not something I notice in myself nor would think anyone else would. With or without facial hair, I can't recall getting any attention as a result.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 12:30:02 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. I played drums in bands when I had hair, so that's why it was longer to fit in with the other band mates who all looked like Eddie Vedder. The thought of a mullet is enough to make anyone croak.

The chin thing. HONEST TO HELL, I never even thought about it. Not something I notice in myself nor would think anyone else would. With or without facial hair, I can't recall getting any attention as a result.

Dude; that cleft chin is icing on the cake!  Ever try showing it off?  You could go clean shaven, or -i f you really want to rock the Mr. Badass look - frame that chin inside of a FuManchu mustache!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 07:52:04 AM »

Dude; that cleft chin is icing on the cake!  Ever try showing it off?  You could go clean shaven, or -i f you really want to rock the Mr. Badass look - frame that chin inside of a FuManchu mustache!
I'll keep the facial hair I have because I look so WASHED OUT without it. Think Mr. Clean.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 08:37:11 AM »

I'll keep the facial hair I have because I look so WASHED OUT without it. Think Mr. Clean.

Without facial hair is very easy look weak or sick.

Enter your email address: