Author Topic: Sly Gal Video With Tips For Sensitive Skin  (Read 2895 times)

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Sly Gal Video With Tips For Sensitive Skin
« on: January 13, 2019, 03:59:44 PM »
I made this video a while ago to share tips I've accumulated over the years that I've been shaving my head. I've been mostly sly since 2012, and here we are in 2019. So I hope this helps either the ladies or the gents.

CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Sly Gal Video With Tips For Sensitive Skin
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 06:42:36 PM »
Gutsy girl , excellent well explained video. You also make it look so easy to shave your head. Question, where are you finding the Gillette Guard razor? I haven’t seen it in the local stores. Before I forget you look great with the shaved head.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »
Great video!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline gutsygirl

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 09:32:13 AM »
Thanks @Magoo and @Tyler!

I'm getting my Gillette Guard razors on eBay. https://ebay.to/2FGy7K0 I usually get a pack like this with a few handles and a bunch of razor cartridges. They are quite economical.

If you try the Guard, let me know what you think! I like that it pivots. I've been afraid to go all the way to DE/Safety Razor shaving. So the Guard has been a great in-between with the single blade but the one-way pivot that reduces knicks and cuts.

I had not been on SBG for a few years I think...so when I visited recently, I was really interested in the Omnishaver which I saw mentioned and I purchased one to give it a spin. I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I don't usually spend that much on razors because the Guard which I've been using is probably the cheapest option out there! But I decided to treat myself since I've been shaving my head since 2012 (more often than not) and have hardly changed my shaving routine in the last 4 years. Plus, I'm physically disabled, and a faster headshave to BBS with the Omnishaver sounded really appealing to me. :) Lastly, I've always wanted to find a method of shaving that used less water because I have a pipe dream of building and living in a van-turned-RV, which means limited water usage...and I think the Omnishaver could help accomplish that goal. Supposedly the Omnishaver strops itself if you use it per instructions...so we'll see how well that works for me since my hair is incredibly thick!

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 05:58:25 PM »
Nice vid Gutsy Girl.
Covers all the salient points well and should be a great help for anyone struggling with shaving their heads for the first time.

Offline gutsygirl

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:31:23 PM »
Thanks Wiremu!

Enter your email address: