Author Topic: Bald Brother  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
Bald Brother
« on: November 13, 2018, 10:54:55 PM »
I've been trying to convince my brother to shave his head for years. He has similar hair loss patterns to me and has been clippering it short for a long time...but could never take the plunge into slyhood.

He recently visited for a weeks holiday with his 12-yr old son and I told him before he arrived that this was to be the time. Time to take the blade to the dome and become a sly brother. After he agreed I grabbed a couple of beers, a fresh Mach 3 blade, put his favourite music on the speaker and got to work.

His main concern was a couple of moles on the side of his head. I went around those very carefully, only just knicking one of them once. It took about three passes to get him BBS.

He was a different man after that. Couldn't believe how great it felt and looked. Giving it a rub every few minutes and grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Unfortunately his son walked right past and didn't even notice which was a bit deflating. We went out into town and he suddenly became aware of how many of us there are.

Tomorrow he's getting the moles frozen off and will be shaving it sly himself from now on. Probably won't be long before we have another bald Kiwi on this forum.

Nice work Campbell...I'm proud of ya!!!

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
Re: Bald Brother
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:28:35 AM »
Campbell looks really great bald. You both do. 

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 08:01:10 AM »
Job well done . Both brothers take the sly look well.    O0O0
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:54:13 AM »
Twins? Haha JK
Both look awesome man!

Congrats to your brother for taking this important step.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »
Awesome!  It must be great to be close enough that he trusted you to give him a shave, even if it did take him years to let you do it.  And you two could be twins.

Invite him to join us here on the board.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:05 AM »
You both look great! I hope he decides to keep shaving, it's an awesome look!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 12:20:24 PM »
I've been trying to convince my brother to shave his head for years. He has similar hair loss patterns to me and has been clippering it short for a long time...but could never take the plunge into slyhood.

He recently visited for a weeks holiday with his 12-yr old son and I told him before he arrived that this was to be the time. Time to take the blade to the dome and become a sly brother. After he agreed I grabbed a couple of beers, a fresh Mach 3 blade, put his favourite music on the speaker and got to work.

His main concern was a couple of moles on the side of his head. I went around those very carefully, only just knicking one of them once. It took about three passes to get him BBS.

He was a different man after that. Couldn't believe how great it felt and looked. Giving it a rub every few minutes and grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Unfortunately his son walked right past and didn't even notice which was a bit deflating. We went out into town and he suddenly became aware of how many of us there are.

Tomorrow he's getting the moles frozen off and will be shaving it sly himself from now on. Probably won't be long before we have another bald Kiwi on this forum.

Nice work Campbell...I'm proud of ya!!!

good job. your brother may not know it yet, but he OWES you big time. although I suspect he's learning fast.
i gotta bald bro, too. and dad.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 02:14:53 PM »
I don't think most guys realize that if you already have a close buzz, shaving it won't be that big a deal. Not a drastic change at all,

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 08:43:46 PM »
You both look pretty pleased with yourselves.  Watch out for that Perth sun with your 'delicate' NZ skin!
Roger

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 11:08:05 PM »
Campbell looks really great bald. 

Yep, he sure does. Better than me was the general consensus haha

Watch out for that Perth sun with your 'delicate' NZ skin!

He's back in NZ now and likely won't see the Sun all summer. In the nine or so years i've been head shaving, I've had a burned dome once. It was incredibly painful and will NEVER happen again. Sunblock, hats, bandannas always.

good job. your brother may not know it yet, but he OWES you big time. although I suspect he's learning fast.
i gotta bald bro, too. and dad.

Yeah, he owes me but having him love it and want to continue is more than enough payment. Our father refuses to do it though and is hanging onto his wispy threads. I tried to convince him, even if only for the photo opp. I'll keep trying.

Awesome!  It must be great to be close enough that he trusted you to give him a shave, even if it did take him years to let you do it.  And you two could be twins.

Invite him to join us here on the board.

He'll be joining soon I imagine. We promise not to argue.

I don't think most guys realize that if you already have a close buzz, shaving it won't be that big a deal. Not a drastic change at all,

That is exactly what he and my wife said. It doesn't look much different...but feels much better.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 08:53:45 AM »

Yeah, he owes me but having him love it and want to continue is more than enough payment. Our father refuses to do it though and is hanging onto his wispy threads. I tried to convince him, even if only for the photo opp. I'll keep trying.

I get that too. If I get a 4 day shadow people still see me as bald although I feel like a 60's hippie. Love the feeling of no stubble whatsoever to feel like myself.

The funniest quote from you is, 'hanging onto his wispy threads.'  That's priceless.  Alas, there are a many dudes still hanging onto them.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 12:10:27 AM »
 wow what a lovely loving thing for a brother to do!  priceless!

And as far as your father’s wispy hair goes;   why not ask him  what I sometimes ask some of my buddies ; “why are you hangng one to the scraps”?