Author Topic: Could this become a Beard?  (Read 3959 times)

Offline IDontTanIJustGetSunburnt

• Learning the way of Sly
Could this become a Beard?
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:37:37 AM »
I'm sure this comes up a lot but how would I know if what i have could turn into a beard and how long would it really take to grow one out?

26yo and this is really as long as I ever let it grow, there are parts where my face doesn't grow any hair. Yet for some reason I have to shave my neck almost every week.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Could this become a Beard?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »
Yes, it will become a beard but a very slow growing one - for now at least. You might get some didn’t coverage if you have the patience to wait it out.  It will probably fill in a little more as you get older.

Offline pastorscott

• It is finished
    • Peruzings
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:18:59 PM »
Seems like for most guys beard growth starts on the neck and jawline, and gradually creeps up with age.
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?  -1John 3:17

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 01:50:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum, go Wales!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »
@IDontTanIJustGetSunburnt like the other guys said, you should be able to grow one, it's just going to take some patience.  Let us know how it goes.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 09:25:30 AM »
I recommend guys wanting to try a beard to let it grow for at least 13 weeks without trimming other than a neckline.  Many guys start out looking thin and patchy can end up with a good beard in time.  Also, blondes and reds do not appear as full as darker beards, so don't let the color fool you.  When short, the beard color has little contrast to the skin color and it looks thin.  Once it gains some length, the 3'd effect will start to make it look fuller.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:22:28 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »
I recommend gut wanting to try a beard to let it grow for at least 13 weeks without trimming other than a neckline.  Many guys start out looking thin and patch can end up with a good beard in time.  Also, blondes and reds do not appear as full as darker beards, so don't let the color fool you.  When short, the beard color has little contrast to the skin color and it looks thin.  Once it gains some length, the 3'd effect will start to make it look fuller.

Yeah its been pretty funny through the last few years, the hairs i do have are seemingly different in colors in each are.

weird thing is i was born Blonde, my hair initially turned a really dark brown. Yet the sides on my cheek are almost ginger in color my neck hair color is dark brown and the hair i do have on my upper lip are blonde.  :-[

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »
Thanks for the help everyone  O0 now i just got to wait a bit and see what it grows into at my age. Maybe i Can some Keanu reeves thing going  ;D

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
Pretty patchy and scruffy looking. Letting it grow will probably just look scruffier. Depends on the style you are going for. IMHO, you would look much better clean shaven.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
Pretty patchy and scruffy looking. Letting it grow will probably just look scruffier. Depends on the style you are going for. IMHO, you would look much better clean shaven.

I agree with Red Dog , unless you want to go with just the chin hair.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:55:31 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."