Author Topic: August Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 16191 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
August Sly Fitness Challenge
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
Welcome to the Sly August Fitness Challenge. I was very encouraged by the July thread, and it was a great inspiration to me and driving my efforts...Thank you all!!

Objective: Post your fitness goals for the month, check in with your progress, support others while they march towards theirs and enjoy the summer.

My goals this month are
1)   100 miles on the bicycle (includes 1 x 25 mile + ride)
2)   3-4 weight lifting sessions per week (with increase in weight across the board)
3)   20 Miles on Elliptical for the month (5 miles a week to mix it up)
4)   Increase Vo2max by 2 points (oxygen volume did get 2 points in July)
5)   Weight loss? Lets see what happens but go with 5 pounds.

Sign up and post your August goals….above all have fun and be careful, injuries impact goals….better to go light, than go home  O0
Cheers,
Ty
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:06:32 PM by TyMoore122 »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Sly August Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
Just got back from the gym and I am feeling great.  My August fitness goals are gonna be similar to my July goals in which I am going to atleast workout 3 times a week. 

I am looking forward to participating in the August fitness challenge.  I hope that you will join me and TyMoore in making this thread active as well as being active in fitness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: August Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 01:52:26 AM »
Beardman reporting in for another month!

I am glad we were able to help motivate you to reach your goals Ty!

My month is going to be one of recovery mostly, I would probably say I lost close to half the strengh in my shoulder, so it is going to be a case of slow and steady wins the race here.

My goals are for:

another 5kgs (11lbs) lost

Get my 2km row under 9min, hopefully I get it this month :P

To do my strengthening exercises twice every day, as per the physio's orders.

And to not do any more harm to myself this month!!! LOL

I have pretty much wrote this month off for lifting goals, I am just going to focus on getting my shoulder right again.

I am looking forward to seeing other people's goals for the month, they don't have to be like Ty's or mine! I really like Warhawk's goal, and there was a time not that long ago where that was exactly one of my goals!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »
Thanks Warhawk and Beardman....great to be tripping down this trail with you all....

Beard- I had popped my shoulder back in Feb. give it a couple weeks rest and work around it, mine came back in a couple months and has been strong as ever. Now a days it s the left elbow, I have found support braces to be my new best friends now that I am in my 40's and they have helped minimize the joint strain/pain a lot (use Nike brand).

Todays a big ride with my son, heading down the hill and through a couple valleys, should log 20-25 miles (Beardman = 40 Kilometers  O0 ).

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »
Haha thanks Ty O0

20-25 miles is a great effort, if your day is anything like mine is shaping up to be then it is awesome weather to spend outdoors (even for a winter's day), now just to decide what to do with it :D

Supports are a good idea, I will certainly look into them.

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »
Yup we are having great weather here, US Navy Blue Angels (I am a Navy vet so I like that) are in town a we are having our yearly Sea fair festival and hydro plan races.

We ended up covering 26+miles yesterday and hitting 4 towns in the process, I slept like a baby last night. I attached a shot my son took of his sweaty sun burnt father at the end of the ride. The sun block didn't do a great job as I have leopard spots on my head from the bike helmet holes....and my "little man" enjoying a smoothie.

We need to have some more sly guys check in here...and come up with a sly guy fitness club Tee-shirt :)

Off to the gym.....cheers, Ty

Offline zeroallover

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 12:40:34 PM »
Hi guys, my goal for the month of August is to drop to 12.5 percent body fat. been working out now since 12th of june and got down to 13.3 (as of august 3) from 16.8.

Been doing weights and some cardio and trying to walk where before i would take the car.

Ill keep you posted

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »
WTG fellas.... nice pics TyMoore.  That is good that you got your son involved.  I had a good week and worked out 4 times this week.

WARHAWK O0

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »
Time for a check-in, been too quiet out here!!

I have been doing pretty good against my goals, had to miss a couple weight lifting workouts due to a illness and had a bike crash 10 miles into a 40 mile ride training session with my son, other than a tore up left knee and elbow I am still up and running. Below are my numbers. One great update my son agreed to do the "7 Hills of Kirkland" memorial day weekend ride, its one of the premiere rides here in the Northwest and last Saturday we ran 3 of the 7 legs knocking out 40 miles and some strong hill climbs.

Duration   32:05   hours of training in August

Calories   17436   calories burned

Distance   207.5   miles consumed (1 - 25 mile ride, 1 - 40 mile ride, lots of 10+ mile rides)

Hows everyone else coming along?

Cheers,
Ty

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:17:55 PM by TyMoore122 »

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 08:04:05 PM »
I've spent nearly three weeks eating and drinking my way around Japan....

My gym membership expires on Thursday this week, so I'm joining the gym in the same building where I work and will join in for the September thread!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 08:08:53 PM »
@Ty:  Hope U heal quick.  Last week was bad for me.  I only went to the gym once. :Xo!  However... I had a great workout today and I plan on working out again tomorrow.

@Bluebriz:  Brian... sounds like U had a great time.  We look forward to your participation in September.

WARHAWK O0

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »
Welcome to the virtual team Blue!!!
@Warhawk  :x! pick it up  ;)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
I had another great workout at the gym today.  I'm going again tomorrow.  I'm focused this week. 

WARHAWK O0

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 09:29:42 PM »
Outstanding effort, keep on pumping Warhawk!

Offline KG

• Extraordinary Sly Guy
  • Sly
  • Sly since 7/27/2012
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »
Hey Ty, hope you're feeling ok from that bike crash.  I'm checking in for the first time here.  My goal has been to hit the gym 3 times a week and I'm all over it.  I do some lifting and then cardio each time.  I'm working to get stronger and raise the level of health to the highest possible without any PEDs.
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be sly.