Author Topic: How to avoid getting bumps on head shaves  (Read 18562 times)

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
How to avoid getting bumps on head shaves
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »
Does anyone have any good tips on how to avoid getting head bumps after a shave and how to get rid of them if they come about? Thanks for your help.

The method I have used.

I usually shave after a hot shower or taking a sauna which helps loosen up the hair and whiskers.

I use a little baby oil and then apply Headblade slick with a shaving brush with a shaving brush that has been un under hot water.

After the shave I go and take a good warm shower. When done, I rinse my head well with cold water to close the pores.

After the shower, I dry off, apply a light layer of baby oil and then apply some aloe vera gell  and then some headblade glossy head lube. If i want a good shine, I have applied a layer of generic baby oil gell.

My hair grows fast so I usually shave daily to keep up the smooth, clean dome.

I have used some headblade clearhead at the end.

I went to a barber for a professional head shave a couple of times. and was told that I don't have a problem with ingrown hairs on my scalp. It may be an acne problem but I have not had much of a problem with that in the past since I was a teenager. I am well past that age now.

Any tips you would give me would be greatly appreciated. I love being sly and want to stay this way.

Thanks much,

Baldjoeg

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: How to avoid getting bumps on head shaves
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »
There have been reports of similar(?) problems being caused by HeadSlick. I think you should try to use less and/or different products before and after the shave.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:36:16 AM »
well your routine sounds like you doing the right steps and when i would suggest replacing the baby oil with another after shave product like bump patrol. which help close and clean pores. other than the above suggestion which some have been sensitive to the menthol in the slick.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
Thanks Noggin and lordmage for your feedback. I will need to try some other products. I also will give bump patrol a try.

:D

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
Just a thought , but applying 3 products after the shave may be clogging your pores . Some times less is better.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."