Author Topic: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!  (Read 129882 times)

rickybobby

Re: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 11:00:48 PM »
great post !!!!! but u already know that....i'm trying to get a guy at work to at least buzz cut his "hair"...he's def. got the homer simpson 3 strands of hair combover going on....i've tried telling him he would look better shaved but he's a gof and doesnt listen to reason...he's  also lazy so thats why i think he doesnt go some what sly....

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 05:10:18 AM »
Even though I've been a member for several months, I just read this original post. This guy hit it square on the head. An incredible post!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline JMMARICH

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 10:47:32 AM »
This weekend, my wife and I are spending several days in Biloxi where we used to live and going to the annual crawfish boil. Now I haven't seen most of these good friends since we moved about a year ago. I was starting to stress on wearing a hat or what because I am sly now. This post helped me get my bearings and get back on track.

I felt a weight come off my shoulders and then I remembered...holy S*(()! The host is sly. I totally forgot his head was sly. Guess I really have something to talk to him about :)

Thanks again for all the support guys. Reading this board helps so much when you find yourself doubting.

--Josh
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080402/samp9fd969381b4431af.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed height="0" width="0" src="http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/CIMP/Jmx*PTEyMD

Offline Bald Jedi

• Ephesians 6:10-18
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Go Big or Go Home!!
    • Saber Idol
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 10:20:29 PM »
Very well said!!
NEVER GIVE UP.
NEVER BACK DOWN.
NEVER LOSE FAITH!

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 06:03:17 AM »
I took the SLY plunge last week. I was apprehensive about it but it was either that or the "half moon" look as my wife calls it.  (She cannot stand a guy with that look.)Well all I can say is the comments have been overwhelmingly postive and the majority of those comments have come from females. I am still getting used to the look of it but love the feel.

Now if the hair on my back would fall out just as easily........lol
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline barberette

• barberette
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 08:06:08 AM »
Perfectly said!  A man with confidence is soooo attractive! That works for both sexes, someone who is comfortable in their own skin.
If youre not living on the edge..youre taking up far too much room.

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
Probably not the place , but need advice from experience
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 04:12:45 PM »
Thx socctty,

Well spoken i think. However, this is a place where guys agree with you because they met similar fate. I, on the contrary, do not think it is not so easy to part with my hair that was given to me from bith.

When i was a bit young, 16 or so, i played soccer on a fairly high level. I still play, but on a have-a-beer-with-your-buddies-on-sundays-level :XX. 5 of my teammates from that time are still my closest friends. All of them have gone bald through the years. They have fallen one by one. A year ago the last of them had to pick up a shaver because of his progressive thinnig hair. I am the only one that has a considerable amounts of hair (on the head that is). I have played many jokes on them through the years because of their bald(ing)ness >:D.

Recently i started noticing my hair is getting thinner :(. Know for a fact that my buddies would love to see me experience the same fate. An actual qoute: "Your looking into your future".

Are there any treatments to stop my hair falling out? Heard of some stuff that helps for prostate enlargement that helps. You guys must have some experience in this field. I would never have a HT, but would take some medicine. If hairloss keeps on this track, people will start noticing in less than 6 months. Really don't wanna be a 'baldy', and certainly don't wanna get the joke on me by my buds.

Cheers, D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 05:27:53 PM by dave523 »

Offline IRDSM

• Sly Jr.
Re: Probably not the place , but need advice from experience
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 04:20:07 PM »
Thx socctty,

Well spoken i think. However, this is a place where guys agree with you because they met similar fate. I, on the contrary, do not think it is not so easy to part with my hair that was given to me from bith.

When i was a bit young, 16 or so, i played soccer on a fairly high level. I still play, but on a have-a-beer-with-your-buddies-on-sundays-level :XX. 5 of my teammates from that time are still my closest friends. All of them have gone bald through the years. They have fallen one by one. A year ago the last of them had to pick up a shaver because of his progressive thinnig hair. I am the only one that has a considerable amounts of hair (on the head that is). I have played many jokes on them through the years because of their bald(ing)ness >:D.

Recently i started noticing my hair is getting thinner :(. Know for a fact that my buddies would love to see me experience the same fate. An actual qoute: "Your looking into your future".

Are there any treatments to stop my hair falling out? Heard of some stuff that helps for prostate enlargement that helps. You guys must have some experience in this field . I would never have a HT, but would take some medicine. If hairloss keeps on this track, people will start noticing in less than 6 months. Really don't wanna be a 'baldy', and certainly don't wanna get the joke on me by my buds.

Cheers, D

Shave it off. You may think "WHAT?" but I think that it would work to your advantage. If you do it before anyone notices your thinning hair you can play it off as a joke. Just come  in one day out of the blue with a shaved head. Then pretend that even though it was a joke that you like it and decided to keep it (though at this point you most likely won't have to pretend, trust me). You'll get some good natured ribbing from your mates, but every one will get over it except for the occasional crack. Just laugh along with them, don't be a sore about it and don't let it bug you.

Most people who use drug experience NO improvement whatsoever and waste tons of money on all this crap that does squat. Most of the guy here can atone for it: Running away from it only hurts your wallet and makes you feel worse.

Dan

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 04:31:58 PM »
Thx socctty,

.... do not think it is not so easy to part with my hair that was given to me from bith.

Brother, hair was given to us ALL from birth....shave it off!!!! O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline jhickman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »
Hey Dave, Welcome to the forums.

I've heard Propecia can have some nasty side effects and doesn't work on a lot of people.  Before you go that route, I might look into that or maybe some SBGs can fill you in.

As for going the shave route...
How do you look at your buddies that have shaved their heads now?  At first it must have been pretty foreign at the beginning, but over time you get to know them with that look.  Most of the time it looks great, on anybody.  It'll be the same for you when...err if you decide to go that route.   O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2008, 05:16:32 PM »
Thx socctty,

Weeeell, not exactly the case...there are a lot of us here that are truly bald by choice because we love it and actually think it looks GOOD!

You may not find help getting your hair back here...this place encourages a totally bald head bro...it's not called "thinning hair guys" or "Sly balding guys"..

it SLY BALD GUYS, zip, nada on the head...like IRSDM said shave your head smooth bro...before anyone knows your thinning...

you think hair gives you confidence...wait till you see what BALD can do for you! ;)

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 03:18:46 PM »
TX for your replies,

Pretty sensible replies and i can see why u guys feel comfortable with being bald. It looks great on all of you 8). I am not so sure that it will look ok/good on me. Furthermore, giving in on this MPB-situation feels like surrendering :-\. Especially because i was the first one to 'coment' on my balding friends. Was convinced about keeping my hair forever and now the jokes on me.  :*)) :x! :*)) :x!

shouldn't i give medicines at least a try? I might be hairy on top till i turn the lights off  O0

Ik that doesn't work, i can always try to participate in this radio programma. Coins means €300,- cash and heads means going bald:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZhUqBnIFwc&hl=nl&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZhUqBnIFwc&hl=nl&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BALDANDRE

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »
TX for your replies,

Pretty sensible replies and i can see why u guys feel comfortable with being bald. It looks great on all of you 8). I am not so sure that it will look ok/good on me. Furthermore, giving in on this MPB-situation feels like surrendering :-\. Especially because i was the first one to 'coment' on my balding friends. Was convinced about keeping my hair forever and now the jokes on me.  :*)) :x! :*)) :x!

shouldn't i give medicines at least a try? I might be hairy on top till i turn the lights off  O0

Ik that doesn't work, i can always try to participate in this radio programma. Coins means €300,- cash and heads means going bald:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZhUqBnIFwc&hl=nl&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZhUqBnIFwc&hl=nl&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hmmm, I knew someone (my old boss and friend) that was a hip guy in a hip industry and he had a combover REAL bad....

I had my head shaved around him for years , he liked it and said he would eventually shave his and his wife was totally shaving his bald 'like mine" O0...

well 12 years later....he buzzed it maybe a #5 on top and almost got rid of the combover completely...almost, well EVERYONE said he looked much better and real good...

but when i talked with him he said he felt sick and that he was giving up once he went further...d@man that's how he felt with a #5!!!!

I really could feel he felt this way...and i forgot to mention in our dept of 18 folks....11 of them where buzzed bald dudes! i of course was the only slick bald dude...and of course in that case the coolest ^-^..

But my point to you is, I can see what you mean, but at the same time trust us...being buzzed bald or slick and sly bald is the opposite of "giving up"...

it's getting WAY more confidence that you're ever had!!!

Dude...trust us!

BTW if going straight to razored bald is too much...bro take it in stages...and no offense, but a buzzcut would be WAY more hip on you than your 80's hair...sorry, but true..

I mean your Brit brother David Beckham is buzzed bald and he comes across as a pretty hip guy!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2008, 07:56:42 PM »
TX for your replies,

With respect to the jokes, you've just got to take your licking -- you've got it coming to you.  Trust me, I've been there -- not so much about hair but other things.  You poke fun at someone about something and eventually it happens to you and they get the last laugh.  Just get it over with and it won't be that bad.

Being the last one in your circle of friends to lose your hair is much easier than being the first.  You're far more likely to be razzed when you're the only baldie in the group -- and even if you're not, you feel a lot less self-conscious when there are others in the same boat.

The medications are a waste of money.  They rarely work, and you'll have to use them for several months or perhaps even a couple of years to know whether they're working for you or not.  That's more time you spend worrying about your hair.  If you shave it or at least buzz it, it's over.  You can stop worrying about it and resume your life.  It's a huge relief, as anyone here will tell you.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
Medications for MPB aren't covered by health insurance as far as I have seen, they don't have a "great" record according to the information available on the internet, the COST a lot, and at least for this MPB guy minoxidil caused a rash that was treated by a skin doctor--on insurance thank the Good Lord. 
Shaving is just SO SIMPLE and so rewarding after dealing w/ the steady and unrelenting loss of hair--just grab on and go O:O, and then there isn't anything to worry about--except relatives and sig others like wives and children.  But even with that, free and sly is better.