Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Introductions / Re: Is anyone still on the board?
« Last post by SlyMike on March 25, 2024, 03:16:42 PM »
I check in every now and again to see what is going on.
To be or not be...Bald / Re: Urge for a change
« Last post by chuck63 on March 25, 2024, 08:23:02 AM »
I started shaving my head full time about 3-1/2 years ago, after going back and forth for about 4 years prior.  Since then, the longest I?ve gone without shaving is about 6 days.  I get a smoother shave if I do it every other day, but it?s hard to wait that long.   I had 6 laser treatments last year, which got rid of most of the dark hair.  If I let my hair grow 3-4 days, it comes back snow white and I look 10 years older.  I?m a bald guy for life, now!
« Last post by Semi-Sly on March 25, 2024, 08:10:58 AM »
It has been three years since I got my scalp micro pigmentation done and this coming Wednesday I have an appointment to get a touchup session done on my scalp
« Last post by Bencito on March 24, 2024, 11:51:16 PM »
I find that this forum is a great resource despite not having a lot of recent activities. I use the search function quite a bit when I have specific questions or topics related to head shaving.

I am a member of various bald groups on Facebook and read the posts from r bald on Reddit from time to time. I think many guys still struggle with going bald or wanting to be bald by choice. I hope they also discover this forum with great information.

I remember that I went to a restaurant with my colleagues a few months ago and saw a balding young man with a severe combover. It is not common to see young guys sporting such a combover nowadays, and he kept looking at me. I was guessing that he was looking at my shaved head and might be wondering if it was an option for him.

All the best to those members who decide to go for the laser hair removal route. I watched some videos and were amazed with how clean and smooth the bald head looks after completing various sections of laser hair removal.
« Last post by Bencito on March 24, 2024, 11:44:58 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing your stories and experiences. It is nice to hear other people's stories.

I tried to grow out my hair twice since I decided to go bald - once it lasted six days, and another time it lasted three days. I was glad to have my shaved head back afterwards. One time I treated myself to a barbershop head shave, and it was a great experience. I think I am committed to the bald look!
« Last post by MoonageDaydream on March 22, 2024, 05:57:23 AM »
I can?t grow my hair out since I had it lasered, but I guess I could let the remaining little wisps go for a week or two and see what happens lol

Wow, your head looks ?Kleen?!  Great laser job!

Thanks man! I?m very happy with the lack of shadow. I still have to shave but it goes so much faster.
« Last post by reddog on March 21, 2024, 08:44:55 AM »
@buddha , I agree, older guys like us tend to look younger with a shaved head. When I attempt to grow my hair, I think the white hair ages me, but I guess it's expected at my age! I'm always amazed at the transition when I go back to a bald head.

I recently changed my Facebook photo, and I usually get several positive comments. One friend commented that I never change. That's one of the many advantages of sporting a shaved head, you always look sharp and younger!
« Last post by buddha on March 20, 2024, 05:19:58 PM »
Before my wife died, she had been trying to get me to grow my hair back into a ponytail. So, afterward, I tried to grow it back out. At the time I was about 65 and after about 2 months I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked like I was 90. Part of the problem was that there was no hair on top and the toilet seat was gray to white in color. That combination accentuated the cracks in my face that I believe the ladies call wrinkles.
At that point I shaved it off. I have been sometimes negligent over the ensuing years with my shaving but never more than 4-5 days.
I would not attempt this again. Now I'm 71 and I don't look a day over 70. I credit grape scraping for my youthful good looks. 8)
« Last post by Semi-Sly on March 20, 2024, 07:28:46 AM »
I can?t grow my hair out since I had it lasered, but I guess I could let the remaining little wisps go for a week or two and see what happens lol

Wow, your head looks ?Kleen?!  Great laser job!
« Last post by Semi-Sly on March 20, 2024, 07:23:26 AM »
Noooooooooooooooooo!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Enter your email address: