Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Reactions to being Bald / Re: Looking Different To Your Age
« Last post by jason_greets on June 23, 2024, 05:47:05 AM »
I definitely look older bald.  The white/grey beard doesn't help either.  I prefer the feeling of being clean shaven even though I know I look better with the horseshoe flattop.

Before I started shaving my head, I used to get flat top haircuts for about 5 years.  I was usually able to get one the way I want, but my hair was rather thin and limp even if I had a head full of hair.

If I ever decide to let to regrow my hair, I will probably go back to getting flat tops. As for now I'm happy not having to worry about hair or getting haircuts.
Beards / Re: Show us your beard!
« Last post by Razor X on June 23, 2024, 05:05:43 AM »

« Last post by guido57 on June 22, 2024, 10:01:30 AM »
Good advice @clint902 , I think most will find that the older you get, the less you care what other people think.

Amen to that, reddog, life is way too short......
« Last post by reddog on June 22, 2024, 07:53:19 AM »
It work completely opposite for older guys with thinning white hair! When I first shaved off my full head of snow white hair, most people thought I looked at least 10 years younger.
I started shaving my head last July.  After I tried and liked it and started to grow my facial hair, I also got my ears pierced for the first time ever. It was one of those last minute decisions because I hadn't thought about it.

After going on a trip to Miami and taking several beach selfies, i noticed that I had let myself go.  Now I want to lose some of that weight as well and put on some muscle.

So yes, it was kind of a drug that led to other changes.  Now I can't go without ear piercings or without shaving my head.
Reactions to being Bald / Re: Reactions
« Last post by jason_greets on June 20, 2024, 01:31:34 PM »
Most of the reactions that I received were more neutral to fairly positive. The closest negative reaction that I got that I was called "cue ball", but it was more in a teasing kind of way.  I was really surprised my mother didn't react at all because she would normally comment on other people's appearance, especially those of her children.  The closest thing was when we were looking at some family photos from two years ago when I still had my hair and other round frames and she commented that I looked so nice then...as possibly compared to today.

I don't care!  I love the look and not dealing with styling or cutting hair. It looks badass to me.
« Last post by jason_greets on June 20, 2024, 01:27:04 PM »
I haven't been told either way in that aspect.  Part of the reason I decided to change my look is because I wanted to look more mature since I'm normally baby-faced.  To do that I decided to go for a bald look, grow out my facial hair, and get some ear piercings.

I think it has worked. I went from looking like in my early-to-mid 20s to late 20s and early 30s. Some people told me that I now look like a rapper and another like a chad, the latter which I think it's a bit of a stretch.
Head Shaving / Re: Headshaving routines
« Last post by jason_greets on June 20, 2024, 01:23:01 PM »
My routine is pretty much the same everyday:  I go to a hot shower, massage my head gently, put on shaving gel on my head, use a multiblade razor with and against the grain until I'm happy with the results, rinse in the shower, dry head with towel after leaving shower, and finally put in some aftershave or witch hazel on my head.

Sometimes I use a razorless lotion as it does leave my head very smooth, but then I start to feel the stubble after a day or two.
How To Protect Your Bald Head / Re: Sunscreen
« Last post by jason_greets on June 20, 2024, 01:19:03 PM »
I just use any sunscreen lotion of at least SPF 30. Then later I put on some aloe vera gel meant for after going out in the sun.
Bald Stories / Re: What made you STAY bald?
« Last post by jason_greets on June 20, 2024, 05:49:10 AM »
For me it has been mostly convenience and the look. I do not miss going to the barber or styling my hair to keep a clean and neat appearance daily. Just having a smooth shaved head.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10