Author Topic: A confidence question  (Read 17817 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: A confidence question
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »
Thanks.  I think we all tend to be our own worst critics.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 03:47:05 PM »
Thats very true, and usually we're too harsh on ourselves!

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »
Thanks.  I think we all tend to be our own worst critics.

+1 to that. Good luck GSGUK! I agree with razor 100%, just do it. Let us know how it goes.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 07:02:32 PM »

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »
You didn't say if you wear a cap when you meet the store manager for coffee.  I assume you don't and she's seen your bald head.  Chances are too that the other people in the shop know you shave your head either from her or from the fact that a cap can hide the top, but not the clean-shaven sides.  So, if everyone knows you're bald, leave the cap at home and go into the shop.  My guess is if you do it once, you won't think about wearing the cap again.

Let us know how it goes

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »
Your head looks pretty damned good from your profile picture so you have nothing to worry about. Just remember to smile  :)

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »
Yeah I've worn a cap or hat every time I've had anything to do with that shop, including coffee. I know they definitely know I shave my head because the assistant manager once made a passing remark about my 'hair being a lot shorter than it used to be', which I certainly didnt mind and it didnt make me uncomfortable in any way. So really, I have no idea what the issue is! I've never yet had any negative comments from anyone, so the whole baseball cap thing is a mystery to me. I dont even like wearing a baseball cap :(

Your head looks pretty damned good from your profile picture so you have nothing to worry about. Just remember to smile  :)

Thanks a lot :) I'm quite a smiley person in real life, but my pictures tell a different story. I dont like having my picture taken very much so I look like a serial killer in most of them  :x!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 05:07:15 AM »
So you wear the cap even when you meet the manager outside the shop. That is a mystery! Just try taking it off once and see how it goes.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »
 It's funny how that works! People who complain that they don't take good pictures are the one's who scowl at the camera. Cause, meet effect!  :D

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 08:24:44 AM »
Well I had a few things to do this morning, and a few places to go, and as always, I was proudly bald :) The 'Mystery Shop', however, was last on my list of places to go. Not intentionally, its just the way it was.

As I parked the car (the car park/parking lot is about a 2 minute walk from the shop), the urge to throw a baseball cap on my head was, as always, strong, but I told myself that I'm a mature/middle aged/getting older by the second kind of guy, I've been through plenty of difficult situations in my life, and that going into a shop to buy a magazine without a baseball cap on my head was most likely the easiest thing I'd have to do all year.

So I got out of the car, walked about 30 seconds towards the shop, then lost my nerve and went back and sat in the car for a minute or two, during which time I told myself how stupid I was being, and that I just needed to get a grip. So I did.

I then got out of the car again, walked directly to the shop, and hey presto! I did it!  :D

The only tiny problem was that the shop itself, and the shops on either side of it, had signs in their windows to say they were closed because of an electrical fault, and that they'd be open again tomorrow  >:(

So I drove home, had some beer, and decided that I'll put myself through it all again tomorrow, when hopefully there will actually be someone inside the shop I can show my head off to :(

But at least I tried :(

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 08:25:31 AM »
It's funny how that works! People who complain that they don't take good pictures are the one's who scowl at the camera. Cause, meet effect!  :D

You must like having yours taken because you look PDG to me

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 08:59:30 AM »
BALD is beautiful  and you  WEAR it well

GOOD LUCK

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau