Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 74824 times)

seahawk guy

Re: Roll Call
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2011, 01:44:31 AM »
I served in the RAF. Malayan Emergency. RAF Changi, Singapore, 1957/1958.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »
Dont know how I missed this. ALL you guys are amazing. Humbled to be on the same forum as you!!!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline stalkingwolf

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Beast by nature, BBC
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2011, 06:04:12 PM »
Dont know how I missed this. ALL you guys are amazing. Humbled to be on the same forum as you!!!
Personally i appreciate the sentiment but there isn't really that big a reason to be humbled, we've done the same, or are doing the same for our country that policemen, firemen, hell even your average public service jobs have done. Being a soldier is but one way to contribute to whatever great nation you hail from.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »
Yeah, and some of us couldn't make up our minds...at first.  
I was in the Air National Guard for 6+years,  
Army National Guard 3 years,
Active Army 10 years,
Army Reserves 15 years and then got the boot.  
Sometimes you don't know when to stop. ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:17:11 PM by Nonick »

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2011, 02:37:16 AM »
Personally i appreciate the sentiment but there isn't really that big a reason to be humbled, we've done the same, or are doing the same for our country that policemen, firemen, hell even your average public service jobs have done. Being a soldier is but one way to contribute to whatever great nation you hail from.

I am a  :popo and whilst there are risks out there, they are nowhere on the scale of the dangers our armed forces face. And at the end of my shift tonight, I am comin home to my family, not abroad for months on end. Just my opinion.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline stalkingwolf

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Beast by nature, BBC
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2011, 02:45:36 AM »

I am a  :popo and whilst there are risks out there, they are nowhere on the scale of the dangers our armed forces face. And at the end of my shift tonight, I am comin home to my family, not abroad for months on end. Just my opinion.
I know a little about the abroad part haha first duty station is in South Korea and i am from Alaska its a long ways away my fiancee isn't fond of it.

Offline cueballuk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2011, 04:05:55 AM »
Good to see so many sly guys serving their countries, you should all be proud.

Royal Navy submariner 1992-2010. Health failed me a little at the end so decided to muster out rather than sail a desk. Loved every minute of it though, a love affair with the sea is something you'll never get over.

And before anyone asks no, I wasn't the pillock that managed to ground one of our subs!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2011, 06:05:39 AM »
My late Father-in-Law served in the Submarine Service in the South Pacific from '40 to '46. I don't know how you guys do it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:06:54 PM by tomgallagher »

Offline cueballuk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2011, 06:10:30 AM »
Great respect for him Tom, he must have gone through hell and back. I had it easy by comparison.

Offline CowtownBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
List your branch, years of service, job/mos/rates, duty stations.

I'm a proud former member of the Canadian Armed Forces (Army). I have trained with my brothers from the United States and Britain.
I first started serving in 1981 at 17 years old in the Army Reserve with the Royal Canadian Hussars Armoured Reconnaissance unit for a year. I took some time away for a couple of years in college then...
 I did a year full time service as a Mobile Support Equipment Operator in One Service Batallion from 1984-1986.
I got out to go back to school and learn an Aircraft Trade and...
 Continued to serve with the 14 Service Batallion Army Reserve Calgary Alberta Canada for another year until a demanding career made me choose my trade over serving.

I learned many valuable things in my 3 years of service, no regrets and made many friends. I was based and trained in Cornwallis Nova Scotia, Valcartier Quebec, Farnham Quebec, Montreal Quebec, Calgary Alberta, Wainwright Alberta.

I did my battle school with the Royal 22nd Regiment Comando's who were some of the toughest bastards I ever met.

I did some exercises with the Royal Canadian Airborne Regiment, Royal British Para's and the American Rangers. These guys all impressed me! Top soldiers!

I am very proud of my years of service and very proud of our troops who served overseas in many conflicts.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2012, 03:50:09 PM »
From another veteran.....Thank all of you for your service and God Bless!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

theman

« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »
Yes Indeed Thank You all again for your Service !!!!  O0

Offline ZachM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »
I'm not a veteran per se, but I am currently serving in the Army at Fort Campbell, KY.  Only been in less than a year but I'm working to make it a career.  I appreciate all the men and women that served before and currently.

Offline eric79

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2013, 08:52:52 PM »
Okay here we go this will get some comments.

97-02 US Navy Damage Controlmen (DC2)
97 Great lakes
97-98 DC A school Great lakes
98-02 USS Arliegh Burke DDG-51
02 Naval station Norfolk

Break in service worked for some fire department in Northern VA

09-present US Army  (1LT currently) Army Nurse Corp
commissioned 09  OBLC medical Ft Sam
09-13 Ft Lewis Madigan Army medial center
13-present Bethesda 66C course
following course @ Ft Carson Evan Army Hospital.

Father retired 1SGT USMC, Brother-in-law Chief US Navy, Grandfather Army Air Corp, Uncles all branches.

Military service has been a big part of my family and we take serving our country with with pride. O0   

Offline harbingdeth

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2013, 01:05:33 AM »
US Navy

97 Boot Camp - Great Lakes, IL
97 AM "A" School - Pensacola, FL
97-01 VR-56 - Norfolk, VA
01-05 VR-62 / AIMD - Brunswick, ME
05 NDI"C" School - Pensacola, FL
06-09 AIMD Fort Worth/ FRC West Fort Worth - Fort Worth, TX
09-12 FRC Mid-Atlantic New Orleans - New Orleans, LA