Author Topic: opinions invited  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
opinions invited
« on: November 24, 2019, 12:51:35 AM »
I have a question.

these days it seems like the minute the young man loses half an inch of his temples he wins right out and shaves his head even though there are many hairstyles that a band can wear with a receding hairline or thining hair.

days gone bye when used to hang out with her hair a little better how bad their hair loss, it wound up looking ridiculous, (e.g. the dreaded “combover”.

but what about a guy who has the forefront hear it hear over all this happened but he has a distinct round fully bald crown?  if a guy wears a traditional side parted men’s haircut but he has a distinct bald crown about three inches in diameter, is that acceptable or does it look ridiculous?

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: opinions invited
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 11:00:50 AM »
Suggest you proof read your post before posting. Hard to understand your question. But Some guys have enough hair ,they need not shave bald unless that’s what the want. Head shaving has become a bit of a fad , it would seem. If a guy has a comb over , so what that’s his preference , shaving bald is not the answer for all hair thinning men.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 11:45:34 AM »
Yes, the days of holding on to every last hair is pretty much gone, unless you're the president. Shaved heads are so common now, it's just another haircut.

As far as young people go, maybe some want to try the baldie look, so they use the excuse that they are starting to thin to take the plunge. You're right Semi, there are different haircuts can hide slight thinning.

Like I tell people, if a guy has a totally shaved head, in almost all cases, it's because he wants it that way.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »
Thinning hair needs to be very well groomed all the time to look neat. Thick Hair can be messy and look good.

A shaved head is not for everyone and that's ok

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »
I have a question.

these days it seems like the minute the young man loses half an inch of his temples he wins right out and shaves his head even though there are many hairstyles that a band can wear with a receding hairline or thining hair.

days gone bye when used to hang out with her hair a little better how bad their hair loss, it wound up looking ridiculous, (e.g. the dreaded “combover”.

but what about a guy who has the forefront hear it hear over all this happened but he has a distinct round fully bald crown?  if a guy wears a traditional side parted men’s haircut but he has a distinct bald crown about three inches in diameter, is that acceptable or does it look ridiculous?
I'm not being an ass, but I can't understand your premise it's written.

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 07:11:14 AM »
In my opinion, the comb over does not work. I tried it years ago and no matter what I did, it never looked right.
Lots of time and effort that had no chance with a strong wind or diving into a pool, ocean or lake. Going SLY, was the right choice for me and I never looked back. So, whatever you decide, Good Luck.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 08:28:52 AM »
I used to work with a man that had thinning hair,instead of doing a comb over he kept it shorter and it looked good.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 09:47:27 AM »
I decided long before my hair started thinning that I liked shaved heads better than a thinning or partially bald heads and that I would shave at the first signs of thinning.  I suspect that today with shaved heads so common, many guys have already made the same decision.
SlyBeard