Author Topic: Should I shave my head?  (Read 15999 times)

Offline Rajpoot

• Learning the way of Sly
Should I shave my head?
« on: September 10, 2011, 12:11:24 AM »
Hi Guys,

Just looking for some opinions. I've lost so much in my life because i've lost my confidence being getting bald.

I dont know how to deal with it. Sometimes I think of just shaving my head. But I'm not sure if Shaved head will look good.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks guys.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Should I shave my head?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:44:24 AM »
If you're not sure yet, I would suggest getting a barber (or a friend with clippers) to shave it down very short, but not as short as shaving it.  You'll get used to it pretty quickly and you'll find other people will too.  When you're ready go all the way.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:50:58 AM »
I have studied your picture and I am positive that you will look good if ever you decide to shave your head, keep the beard. Good luck.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 01:07:10 AM »
I agree. Keep your beard and shave your head. You'd look good

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 04:02:48 AM »
I would suggest ... shave it down very short, but not as short as shaving it.  You'll get used to it pretty quickly and you'll find other people will too.  When you're ready go all the way.

I agree with Bluebriz. Get your clippers out. Take the guard off and buzz your head. It's not quite shaving, but almost. It's easy to do. Looks very smart. Then it's only a mm or two to go sly. Go for it. (Keep the beard).

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:21 AM »
Many of us worried about how we'd look with a shaved head - would we have bumps, bulges, look like a alien, etc.?  So try buzzing your hair down very short.  You'll get a sense of what your head looks like.  When you're buzzed down, you'll probably be curious about how you'd look fully shaved.  You can make that decision when the time comes.  And remember, if you don't like it, your hair will grow back pretty quickly.

I agree with the others - keep the beard.  A shaved head and full beard can look very good.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 08:20:54 AM »
Your hair doesn't look bad in the photo, but the hairline clearly is in steady retreat, which means that at some point you're going to have to seriously consider shaving. I think you'll look just fine shaved.  While most people won't do it until they "have to", I'd encourage you to give it a try soon because the hair loss is only going to get worse.  It's better to just get it over with.  As others have said, try buzzing it short first and see how things go from there.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 10:41:32 AM »
Look at this chart:

If you're a III or above it's time to take charge.  Either a short buzz or shaved will make a world of improvement.  Your confidence is only in retreat because you're worried about something that in the totality doesn't mean a lot--hair.  Take charge, get your life back.

Slynito

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
I have studied your picture and I am positive that you will look good if ever you decide to shave your head, keep the beard. Good luck.

I agree with Kalbo and others, you'll look good. To me it's feeling free, clean and fun to be different.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »
Why not try it?

You can always grow it back, but chances are you won't. O0

Offline Rajpoot

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 05:26:17 AM »
Thanks Guys for all your opinions and great ideas... I really appreciate your help....I'm getting married next month so I've decided to shorten my hair (almost shave) afterwards...

A friend of mine actually suggested me a hair transplant... anyone knows if its worth it?

Thanks again everyone...

Regards,

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 06:25:20 AM »
Im sorry, I really dont know. However, I would imagine most of us here would advise you to go down the bald route, rather than the pain and expense of a surgical procedure :D

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 06:43:46 AM »
You will find nothing but negative reactions here abut transplants. Clipper it down to a no guard buzz or better yet whip out the old razor and go for it.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
Just to add one consideration to transplants, a transplant does NOT stop the process of mpb, so when you've paid to fill in what has fallen out to this point, the process will continue and the transplanted area can be left without hair behind it--in addition to the scar(s) on the donor area.  Expensive, of course, painful--physically, financially and as mpb continues--pain to your ego. 
Shaving is safe, shaving doesn't leave scars, shaving is safe for the wallet. 

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 06:48:59 AM »
Just to add one consideration to transplants, a transplant does NOT stop the process of mpb, so when you've paid to fill in what has fallen out to this point, the process will continue and the transplanted area can be left without hair behind it--in addition to the scar(s) on the donor area.  Expensive, of course, painful--physically, financially and as mpb continues--pain to your ego. 
Shaving is safe, shaving doesn't leave scars, shaving is safe for the wallet. 

Really? I didnt know that.

Im now wondering why anyone would even consider a transplant if it doesnt do the thing they want it to do :o

I agree with Tom. Get your razor out :D