Author Topic: How about SHAVE BUTTER, instead of Creams & Gels???  (Read 1252 times)

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
How about SHAVE BUTTER, instead of Creams & Gels???
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:59:51 PM »
Anyone using the SHAVE BUTTERS on the market today, in lieu of the  and gels that cover the shelves?

If so, what have you found to be your experience? Do you like it as much as the creams and gels?

If NOT YET, what's holding you back?

I would love to hear what your thoughts and even moreso, YOUR EXPERIENCES with the SHAVE BUTTER changeup.

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:41:56 PM by HANDSHAVED »

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How about SHAVE BUTTER, instead of Creams & Gels???
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 12:54:03 PM »
I've used them before. I've found some of them to be too thick and doesn't provide a great shave, but others that were thinner were great.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »
I've used them before. I've found some of them to be too thick and doesn't provide a great shave, but others that were thinner were great.
My findings as well. Some seem to get clogged in the blades and takes forever to rinse out.  ::)
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
Never used any , but seems you could thin it with more water on your face. When using creams that’s what I do. I have heard people complain that Cremo doesn’t stay slick . The fact is add a little water again and it’s plenty slick.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »
@Magoo that's funny because Cremo is one of the slickest store brands I can buy, but I really think it has to do with the water in the area. I've traveled with shaving creams that work well where I l live but didn't in areas with really hard water or really soft water.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »
@Magoo that's funny because  is one of the slickest store brands I can buy, but I really think it has to do with the water in the area. I've traveled with  that work well where I l live but didn't in areas with really hard water or really soft water.
Never gave that a thought,but I’m sure your right.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 12:34:05 AM »
@Magoo that's funny because  is one of the slickest store brands I can buy, but I really think it has to do with the water in the area. I've traveled with  that work well where I l live but didn't in areas with really hard water or really soft water.
Never gave that a thought,but I’m sure your right.

I agree Tyler.  I notice how my bar soap lathers diferently as I travel but hadn't given my shave  cream a thought!