Author Topic: Finding the courage to stay bald  (Read 8539 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Finding the courage to stay bald
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 04:16:17 PM »
Just my opinion, but the longer the beard the better.
SlyBeard

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »
You'll be a knockout when you return to work.  The big smile says it all.
Roger

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 04:46:40 PM »
Thanks for all your comments and support. It’s been two weeks now and I’m still enjoying shaving every day. I’m feeling much more confident too about the look. With only one week to go before returning to work my hair is going to be extremely short whatever. So I’m just going to keep shaving. I’ve attached a couple of recent photos with a longer and shorter beard. I think I prefer the shorter look.

you look great. looks like you've defined yourself and established your new look. my guess is people with whom you related, professionally and personally, are used to the new you. it would be a shame if someone forced doubt in ya. anyway. i'm sure you'll be happy in whatever choice you decide long term.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »
Huge difference! But you can pull it off the Bald look really well.

Are you still shaving ?

Offline Sciguy68

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 01:56:53 AM »
I think you look good bald. I am bald by choice and when I went back to work after shaving it all off most people didn't even notice because I used to shave my head with no guard so there really wasn't that much to lose. The only person who lost out was my barber because I shave myself every day and don't go to the barber shop anymore! LOL
Good luck, it looks great!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 10:45:05 AM »
I think you look good bald. I am bald by choice and when I went back to work after shaving it all off most people didn't even notice because I used to shave my head with no guard so there really wasn't that much to lose. The only person who lost out was my barber because I shave myself every day and don't go to the barber shop anymore! LOL
Good luck, it looks great!
Barber shop?  What's that.  LOL

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 12:47:17 AM »
I am relatively new to the site so my opinion may not be as relevant as others, but I don't think your fraud at all.  I think you're very fortunate that you have the choice to grow your hair and style it in any way you choose and I also think you are fortunate to be able to shave your head if that's your choice as well. I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't like to be in your shoes as choices are always a good thing, but having recently started shaving because of terribly thinning hair I was amazed at the compliments that I got from everyone that I've run into put my pic up on Facebook I got 80 positive comments from my friends and family they all said I look younger and I look happier, so I say if you like your head shaved then shave it I think you'll get nothing but positive feedback.
If the time comes that you want to grow your hair back grow back and be thankful that you have the option. Now for my opinion you have great hair but the fact is I think you to look younger and more energetic with the shaved look so there's my two cents. Good luck and keep us posted
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 06:32:14 AM »
I am relatively new to the site so my opinion may not be as relevant as others, but I don't think your fraud at all.  I think you're very fortunate that you have the choice to grow your hair and style it in any way you choose and I also think you are fortunate to be able to shave your head if that's your choice as well. I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't like to be in your shoes as choices are always a good thing, but having recently started shaving because of terribly thinning hair I was amazed at the compliments that I got from everyone that I've run into put my pic up on Facebook I got 80 positive comments from my friends and family they all said I look younger and I look happier, so I say if you like your head shaved then shave it I think you'll get nothing but positive feedback.
If the time comes that you want to grow your hair back grow back and be thankful that you have the option. Now for my opinion you have great hair but the fact is I think you to look younger and more energetic with the shaved look so there's my two cents. Good luck and keep us posted

I would like to exchange places with you,I hate my hair!

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 12:54:52 PM »
So my hair was thinning grossly on top but in the big scheme of things I still have at least 70 plus percent of my hair so I guess in a way that makes me bald by choice.  It doesn't matter anyway as long as you like it then wear it and you're fortunate if you get tired of it or you want to change you can change enjoy your choices before genetics take them from you unless you're one of the lucky ones that didn't get that Gene.  I guess I sound bitter about my hair loss but really what I am is I support people's choices especially when it comes to their personal appearance as for myself my losing my hair has been a blessing because it's made me look at things in my life that were definitely lacking so it's changed my life in a positive way and for that I'm grateful. Good luck and best wishes
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »
Thanks for all your comments and support. It’s been two weeks now and I’m still enjoying shaving every day. I’m feeling much more confident too about the look. With only one week to go before returning to work my hair is going to be extremely short whatever. So I’m just going to keep shaving. I’ve attached a couple of recent photos with a longer and shorter beard. I think I prefer the shorter look.

shaved head, shorter facial hair = money!

Offline Sq4

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 01:27:26 PM »
Hope you stayed BBC, looks so much better!
I had the same thoughts about work, but some dislike it, some like it and most don't care. It's all about how you like yourself.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 05:03:33 AM »
I also think the longer beard is better.

With hair or without hair, you look good. It's your choice, at least you have one!

Some guys shave for the summer, grow some hair for winter.

I did it every day for more than twenty years.

Be happy you can pull off any look.