Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362569 times)

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2008, 02:54:15 PM »
Amen to that Sgt!  This bald man is getting ready for daily shave two and back to being one mirror slick skinhead!

Offline Gump

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2008, 09:55:36 AM »
Routine (so far)

- Hot shower.  Rinse face & dome for a minute
- St Ive's Apricot Scrub on Face & Dome in shower
- Shave at sink: Manual Fusion and headslick.  First face then dome.
-1st pass with grain.  Second pass against (I re-apply headslick if needed for 2nd pass).
- Feel for missed spots and go over
- Quick warm rinse.  Then apply witch hazel over face & dome
- Cold rinse over face & dome
- Moisterizer for face
- Aloe Vera gel for head.

So far so good.  I'm going to get some moisterizer with sunscreen now that it is getting warm out. SPF 30 or better.

Offline bludger44

• So Fresh and So Clean...
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2008, 06:09:01 PM »
I just added Matte to Men to the final step of my routine as my moisturizer. The stuff is great

Offline Randolph

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2008, 11:24:18 PM »
i just shaved my head for the first time so this is what i did. i just washed my hair cut it with a hair clipper then went with a shaving foam and took a razor and went from front to back to get it all off. then i put some lotion on my head and now it feels nice a smooth.

shakf

« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2008, 04:27:35 AM »
Welcome fella! Have you posted up on the intro's? If not get it done so we can give you a proper heads up.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »
How you guys doing? I'm relatively new to head shaving, but I'll post up my routine anyway.

- Hot shower to wash my head and soften up the hairs
- Lather up (KOS or Edge Pro Gel)
- Start doing the dirty work (HeadBlade Sport with Sensor Blades)
- Back in the shower to rewash the dome and then the rest of me
- Cold rinse of the head and occasionally running an ice cube over my head
- Some after shave followed by some Matte for Men
- Good to go!

Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline TheTrucker

• Super Sly
    • Knitting On The Road
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh wait, that's not it!

1. Lots of hot water for a couple of minutes.

2. Proraso preshave cream

3a. If not using Head Slick, gather plenty of good quality shaving soap on pre-soaked (in hot water) badger bristle brush, whip  into a good lather in pre-warmed ceramic lathering bowl.

Use brush to apply lather to area to be shaved using a good circular motion. This not only applies lather but also exfoliates.

3 b. If using Head Slick, allow pre-shave cream to sit for a minute or so to help soften stubble and condition the skin and then apply cream.

4. Shave.

5. Rinse with cold water and pat dry.

6. Apply aftershave or conditioning lotion as desired.
Mason

Linux: because a pc is a terrible thing to waste.

What do you mean guys don't knit????

Offline yak

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2008, 12:22:30 PM »
I shave every morning.. Front to back then bottom to top.  I have the headblade classic and sport (1 for traveling and 1 for home)  I like them both.  I use Edge gel and finish the ears with a gillette disposable.

I tried the baby oil this week for the first time, it worked pretty good (as good as the gel, i think) but clogged the razor (i'll try less tomorrow)

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2008, 02:09:08 PM »
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh wait, that's not it!

3a. If not using Head Slick, gather plenty of good quality shaving soap on pre-soaked (in hot water) badger bristle brush, whip  into a good lather in pre-warmed ceramic lathering bowl.

Use brush to apply lather to area to be shaved using a good circular motion. This not only applies lather but also exfoliates.

3 b. If using Head Slick, allow pre-shave cream to sit for a minute or so to help soften stubble and condition the skin and then apply cream.

4. Shave.

I love Proraso. I also like their pre-post stuff
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline TheTrucker

• Super Sly
    • Knitting On The Road
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2008, 02:47:10 PM »
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh wait, that's not it!

4. Shave.

I love Proraso. I also like their pre-post stuff

Yeah it's good stuff.
Mason

Linux: because a pc is a terrible thing to waste.

What do you mean guys don't knit????

Pshrynk

« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2008, 09:12:20 AM »
I usually shave with the Fusion vibraty shaver not worrying about the tender bits around the ears or around the bumps on my head and then go over again with a Panasonic Pro-Curve Wet/Dry

The Panasonic is amazing and often I will just use the Panasonic and skip the blade... it's that good.   

I usually just use whatever oil or gel thats laying around the shower.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Personal-Healthcare/Men-s-Shavers.list.75125_11002_7000000000000005702

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
I get out of bed....scratch my ass a few times on my way to the bathroom.  Raise the lid if I remember...stand there and yawn and stretch as Pete does his business...raise foot up to flush toilet...reach in shower turn on hot water....wait a few minutes..turn on cold water.  Jump in , close shower curtains.  Hop around in shower because standing water in teh bottom is hot because i let the hot water run too long...Get comfy under the shower spray.  Let it run down on my noggin.  use what ever masculine body soap that is closest...wash body, apply headslick, use headblade, rinse , turn off hot water ....rinse with cold....freeze ass off cause of cold water.  Towel dry off....go down stairs...walk out on porch to get morning newspaper, give the lesbian lady across teh street a heart attack because im only standing there in my towel.  Go back in make a pitstop by the fridge to get some aloe vera ( and an icecube if I hadnt taken one up wiht me for the shower) , head to the basement where laundry is and pull out my wrinkled clothes from the dryer.  Back up stairs....and off to work I go.
Timmay

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #237 on: May 26, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »
go down stairs...walk out on porch to get morning newspaper, give the lesbian lady across the street a heart attack because im only standing there in my towel.

HAHAA!!!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2008, 10:02:05 PM »

-Get my shave gel and gillette fusion and put it in the shower.
-Then I start the water, fairly warm nothing burning but just enough.
-Turn on exaust fan and oscilatting fan to help the steam get out so i poke my around the shower curtain and check.
-Get in the shower and begin to get my body and head completely wet
-Once fully wet I get my Kroger brand head & shoulders knock off shampoo and begin to lather up and scrub my head with my fingers very well for a few mins. (this really helps get all the dirt skin and oils off)
-After doing it once I rinse it off and then repeat the process a second time, this time without rinsing.
-While the shampoo rests on my head I clean my body and take care of all that lovelyness.
-After body is clean I moisten my hands and scrub on my head one more time really good before rinsing it off. ( I also find this helps to reduce the bump like feel that you get when the hairs are just starting to grow in. I only shave every 3 days so this tends to happen for me.
- Once throughly rinse I apply a VERY GOOD helping of gilltte fusion shave gel to my head and neck. for my face and neck I shave with the grain, I like the stubbly look on my face so no gel there and my neck is very sensitive to breakouts and irritation so only with the grain with gel.
-I then shave from my neck to the back of my head to the sides and then the top
-feel around for rough spots and hit them again

HERE is where I'll throw most of you for a loop

-I lather up again with shavel gel and shave it all over again, my thick hair is hard to hit and once getting off 3 days of hair its much easier to get it REALLY smoooooth. I tend to pay special close attention to the top of my head though still passing it over numerous times just to that it as smooth as possible.
-I then rinse off the gel and step out of the shower real quick to check and see if i missed anything before i kill the water, usually just for my face though I normally get the dome just fine.
-I then get back in the shower and rinse off my head, then  get some vasilene intensive rescue moisturizer and apply about 2 drops worth on my hand and rub into my dome *although I'm go try a bit of baby oil in the morning to check and see how that works because that moisturizer tends to have the "vaseline" smell to it, but luckily the amount i use is so small you can't smell it on me.
-Kill the water, step out of the shower check on more time for missed spots then dry off, go to my room and get dressed.
-After getting dressed I see if my head is a little dry or not, if it is i'll take a wipe meant for "potty time" and wipe my head off with it to get any of the skin that might be resting on there.
-Then I walk away and let my head completely dry and then come back and admire the insane smoothness and shine.

HERES THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!

-rub it and and go ahhhh..... outloud

hope you guys enjoy

I'm totally open for suggestions and tips or advice

let me know

-Dan
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force