Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362739 times)

KALBO

Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2007, 01:47:42 PM »
In the shower with warm water...

Apply HeadShed
Exfoliate for 20-30 seconds
Rinse
Apply HeadSlick
Shave with HeadBlade Sport against the grain
Rinse
Apply Target Apricot Facial Scrub
Exfoliate for 20-30 Seconds
Rinse
Rinse again with cold water
Apply ClearHead
Apply HeadLube(Matte)

No...I'm not a HeadBlader, am I? O0

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2007, 02:04:51 PM »
As of right now... (I am still perfecting my technique and product usage)

Warm shower
Shave the face in the shower (Power Fusion)
Apply HeadShed or Target Apricot Scrub
Rinse

(At the sink)
Apply KoS Shave Oil
Apply HeadSlick
Shave with HeadBlade Sport with the grain and then against the grain
Get the spots I missed!!
Rinse with cold water
Apply ClearHead
Rub the dome with an ice cube
Apply HeadLube - Matte
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2007, 06:35:18 PM »
I have a poor man's routine, since I really am a poor man.  I time my shaves to coincide with the nights when I actually am able to go out somewhere, or about every 3-4 days.  I shave in the shower, which is a bit akward because I'm a big man in a small shower, but I think it's better than the sink.  I use edge Gel and a HeadBlade Classic with a cheap blade, using the same blade for face and head.  I cut up behind my ears and near my neck before rotating the blade from Face to Head mode, then go front to back.  I'm still working on my right hand coordination (I'm a lefty) but I'm getting better.  I go back over whatever spots I can tell I've missed, then give myself a good rinsing.  I get out of the shower, dry off, and feel around for any spots that seem to always pop up after drying off, which I take care of with my Norelco.  I trim up the goatee with my old Wahl Groomsman if it's long, and lately I've been using a little bit of the lotion that I bought to counteract my dry elbows.  That's about it.

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2007, 06:27:19 PM »
I don't have much hair on my face or head left, as I've been receiving laser hair removal treatments for the past few months.

What I do now is the same as I've been doin for a couple years now, I've perfected it for me.

I shave my face with an electric Braun shaver, for some reason a blade cuts my chin up like crazy. For the head I do it in the shower, I let it soak in warm water for about 30 seconds, I then put on about 6 drops of King of Shaves mentholated shave oil. After rubbing that in I use HeadBlade shaving cream (mentholated as well), after that concoction has been rubbed in I use a Mach III turbo blade against the grain, and pass the top, then the sides, then the back. I re-wet the head and go back over areas I can still feel with my hand.

I've got 2 more laser hair removal treatments to go, then after that it'll just be weekly touch ups, if that.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2007, 07:40:05 PM »
Those laser treatments starting to pay off Jason.?

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »
So far, so good. I think it's the best decision I've ever made. The only way I would regret it is if they came up with some magic pill that could re-grow a full head of hair. But even then, I really do enjoy being bald. I've gotten completely used to it.

The treatments hurt alot more than I thought they would...I liken it to constant burn sensations across my face and head when I get the treatments done..but they only last half an hour or so.

I definitely endorse it though.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline Ricky

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2007, 04:52:58 AM »
Hi Guys 2 questions I have never shaved in the shower how much better is it???? I think i need to get hold of a mist free mirror first.. and also what is the headshed like???... used the headslick and the headbalde sport for the first time on saturday and it was brilliant ... so was wondering what the headshed was like????

Thank you in advance guys

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »
20 years ago, a friend saw me using a mirror to put in my contacts ... and said, "Don't you know where your eye is? It's not going anywhere!"

In that same spirit, when I shave in the shower, I usually know where my head is. With a HeadBlade, I can be assured the blade is pointing a certain way. I suppose with a regular blade and handle it might be more difficult to know the position and angle of the blade.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »
I agree with WannaBePadre on the no mirror thing. The HB makes it easy to tell the angle of the blade in relation to your head. I'd also add that shaving in the shower is faster. This morning I ended up shaving at the sink and it took quite a bit longer than it does in the shower. Also, the steam from the shower really helps to open up the pores. Finally, it is much easier to rinse the blade under the shower head as opposed to doing it at the sink. Just my opinion.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2007, 10:16:15 AM »
Ricky, I think shaving in the shower allows your hair to soften up more before shaving.  HeadShed will help do this as well.  I use it and it really does help get a smoother shave. 

As for the mirror, you can learn to shave without one, but I still have one in my shower so that I can do a visual before getting out.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

marty22

« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2007, 03:38:18 PM »
Re Laser: They hurt for 5-7 days and can be pretty red. yes they are painful and worth it. No pain no gain.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2007, 03:48:11 PM »
I have a poor man's routine, since I really am a poor man.  I time my shaves to coincide with the nights when I actually am able to go out somewhere, or about every 3-4 days.  I shave in the shower, which is a bit akward because I'm a big man in a small shower, but I think it's better than the sink.  I use edge Gel and a HeadBlade Classic with a cheap blade, using the same blade for face and head.  I cut up behind my ears and near my neck before rotating the blade from Face to Head mode, then go front to back.  I'm still working on my right hand coordination (I'm a lefty) but I'm getting better.  I go back over whatever spots I can tell I've missed, then give myself a good rinsing.  I get out of the shower, dry off, and feel around for any spots that seem to always pop up after drying off, which I take care of with my Norelco.  I trim up the goatee with my old Wahl Groomsman if it's long, and lately I've been using a little bit of the lotion that I bought to counteract my dry elbows.  That's about it.

I shave my face with my HB too.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2007, 07:11:02 PM »
shdwwlk --

When you shave your face, do you flip the blade around on the HeadBlade?
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2007, 06:12:22 AM »
My routine

Douse head with hot water, either splashed on or in the shower

Put  a little shaving gel or foam on head and face.

Shave face, then wash off foam from head without shaving it (this gets scalp nice and soft)

re-apply foam to head and shave using long stokes against the grain, using plenty of water.  Always good to keep the blade wet so it glides smooth over head.  I generally shave the whole of the top of my head in seven or eight strokes then go over it in all directions until there's no stubble left whatsoever.

I always shave the back and sides last as these are the areas where the hair grows thickest and needs longer time 'under the foam' to soften up.

after I've shaved I wash head in hot water then in cold, then apply cream, either aftershave balm, or, more often just sun cream, which seems to suit my head really well.  the sun cream also helps give me the slick shine I love to have. I hate a dull dome! 8)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 06:17:35 AM by Rob »

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2007, 05:20:34 PM »
Ok I have been sly for 3 days now! Booyah!

Here is my routine based on all the great help on this board.

1. Before bed Hot shower soaking head for about 5 minutes while cleaning the rest of the body.

2. Use St Ives scrub on the head and face.

3. Use KOS Alpha gel or HeadSlick applied with a shave brush

4. Let mixture sit on head for a minute.

5. Shave with the grain for first pass with Mach III.

6. Get out of the shower and stick head back in and rinse with ice cold water for about a minute.(this is really brutal)

7. Run a ice cube over the dome and pat dry.

8. Use Witch Hazel all over head and neck.

9. Rub cold Aloe from the fridge on melon.

10. Apply headlube glossy and hit the bed.

11. In the morning touch up with electric( no time to re shave) and use more headlube and SPF 15.

So far this is working pretty good. I do have some bumps on the sides of my head. Im sure its because of I just started using a razor and not clipper.

Is there anything else I could be doing?
==SLY SERGEANT==