Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362615 times)

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #555 on: July 27, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
I tried to incorporate a DE razor yesterday but was so scared! I was hoping to just clean up a patch of hair that I CANNOT seem to get to using my Gillette Fusion or Wilkinson Triple Blades. I was so nervous that I couldn't even finish using the DE. I had to finish up with the Fusion...

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #556 on: July 27, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »
Welcome Scottso ... great guys and advice around here.

Looks like you've been Sly for a long time - in other words, it's a natural for you.

Hope you'll participate actively in the forums. Great information exchange.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #557 on: July 29, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »
my routine update

1. Take a shower perp the dome + face shampoo the dome apply face wash to face let it set continue my shower wash body rinse off lather from head to toe re lather if I need to and rinse off again then dry off leave dome + face slightly wet or completely dry only to wet it again when at sink.

2. Stand by sink fill it with warm/cold water then lather up dome + face with my schick hydro sink protect shave gel to maintain healthy skin on both my head and face wet my xtreme3 or hydro3 begin shaving if lather is to dry i'll wet my finger tips and re lather or apply a touch more shave gel.

3. I start with my face first then my head or the other way around for my head I go WTG not ATG its what I prefer I start at the top of the dome first then sides of dome since the sides are close to the top of the head (I sometimes may clean the top and the sides of the dome in one setting) 3rd. back of dome WTG sometimes ATG refill sink re lather for a second pass for a smooth dome and to touch up any missed spots care around the ears\ for face WTG wipe off face then refill sink re lather then XTG sides of my face or WTG +ATG for the neck area\ I do long strokes not short so its alot quicker but I do take my time and shave.

4. Wipe off face then cold water rinse or ice cold water rinse towel off or leave slightly wet

5. Moisten cotton pad or toilet paper if no cotton pads left with facial astringent to help remove excess dirt and oil on face then apply after shave gel to head + face then rub on baby oil gel to face + head for the shine if not that then lotion for a gloss.

6. Clean up sink area leave bathroom get dressed I may make my head shine after getting dressed if I am going out or just lounging around the house.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
Man, that looks good on you Scottso.  Glad you've joined the sly guys. I can see why the family likes it.  Welcome.

Offline barnabé

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #559 on: August 06, 2012, 12:50:59 PM »
Well, my routine is very simple (afterall I just started being sly a week ago  ): get head wet; aply gillete gel; shave with DE razor with a feather blade; rinse; dry with towell and aply pure alcohol - works wonders for me!
Shave your problems off your head and keep on smilling

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #560 on: August 06, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
Well, my routine is very simple (afterall I just started being sly a week ago  ): get head wet; aply gillete gel; shave with DE razor with a feather blade; rinse; dry with towell and aply pure alcohol - works wonders for me!

What's a feather blade? I tried using a DE razor but was scared to death of the blade!

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #561 on: August 06, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »
What's a feather blade? I tried using a DE razor but was scared to death of the blade!

It's a particular brand of DE blade. It has a reputation of sharpness.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline barnabé

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #562 on: August 07, 2012, 03:42:31 AM »
Yes. It is probably the most sharp blade around.
Shave your problems off your head and keep on smilling

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #563 on: August 07, 2012, 02:17:54 PM »

It's a particular brand of DE blade. It has a reputation of sharpness.

Ok, thanks for the info!

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #564 on: August 20, 2012, 06:31:22 AM »
Razor - HeadBlade
Blade - Gillette Sensor 3

1. Jump in shower and let hot water splash the head for about a minute.
2. Squeeze abit of HeadShed by HeadBlade, on the dome and really rub in to loosen up the hair and soften it, this is key to a successful shave.
3. Rinse off HeadShed and apply a pea size amount of HeadSlick. I then shave from the back to the front going against the grain. I shave by feel.
4. Rinse off, feel around and make sure the dome is BBS.
5. Use Pears bar soap to wash the dome, face & neck.
6. Shower on cold and let head soak under the water for 2 minutes to close the pores.
7. Pat head dry with towel.
8. Apply ClearHead by HB. This is a quality product and has stopped my head breaking out. I sometimes use Bump Patrol too.
9. When CH has dried, apply AloeVera and rub generously all over. Sometimes I use HeadLube Glossy if I want that shine!
10. Clean razor and dry ready for next shave.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
Re: Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »
Razor - HeadBlade
Blade - Gillette Sensor 3

1. Jump in shower and let hot water splash the head for about a minute.
2. Squeeze abit of HeadShed by HeadBlade, on the dome and really rub in to loosen up the hair and soften it, this is key to a successful shave.
3. Rinse off HeadShed and apply a pea size amount of HeadSlick. I then shave from the back to the front going against the grain. I shave by feel.
4. Rinse off, feel around and make sure the dome is BBS.
5. Use Pears bar soap to wash the dome, face & neck.
6. Shower on cold and let head soak under the water for 2 minutes to close the pores.
7. Pat head dry with towel.
8. Apply ClearHead by HB. This is a quality product and has stopped my head breaking out. I sometimes use Bump Patrol too.
9. When CH has dried, apply AloeVera and rub generously all over. Sometimes I use HeadLube Glossy if I want that shine!
10. Clean razor and dry ready for next shave.
nice routine

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #566 on: August 23, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »
In the shower:

Lather with Dr. Bronner's castile soap, shave with single blade disposable bic, cold rinse.

In front of sink:

Lather with Barbasol aloe, shave with single bic, towel dry.

I can already tell I have a lot to learn.  My blade choice my be simplistic, even inferior.  Sometimes they are too sharp on the first shave, but I don't think that is a problem I can fix by switching brands or types.  I have read that there are oil based sprays sold for extra shine and I plan on looking into that sometime in the near future.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #567 on: August 26, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
In the shower:

Lather with Dr. Bronner's castile soap, shave with single blade disposable bic, cold rinse.

In front of sink:

Lather with Barbasol aloe, shave with single bic, towel dry.

I can already tell I have a lot to learn.  My blade choice my be simplistic, even inferior.  Sometimes they are too sharp on the first shave, but I don't think that is a problem I can fix by switching brands or types.  I have read that there are oil based sprays sold for extra shine and I plan on looking into that sometime in the near future.
don't forget to moisturize after and apply an after shave

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
My  morning routine's done at the sink, after the shower.
1. Apply St Ives and scrub the noggin, then rinse.
2. Apply King of Shaves gel and shave with the Azor razor.
3. Rinse, dry, and check for spots I've missed.
4. Once I'm satisfied with the results I lubricate/moisturize with Palmers cocoa butter oil with sun block.

“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #569 on: August 28, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »
My routine simplified I shave in the morning sometimes evenings

In shower

Turn on water soak up lather up with my bar soap or body wash whatever I have shampoo my dome and face wash my face continue my shower then rinse off turn off water and lather up with my shave gel feeling up tub halfway with warm water.

Wet razor shave dome WTG and face in between WTG/ATG rising blade every so often wipe off lather and re lather shave again for a second pass going my feel and what little I see in my mirror let tub water out.

Turn on shower again and finish my shower if have not finish wash off face + done again to clean the area again turn water off rowel dry step out all clean shaven the to apply my after shave gel and body + face lotion or some herbal oil or baby oil gel for the shine clean up area.

At the sink

Fill sink with warm water wet dome Lather up dome with + face with shave gel wet razor shave WTG for dome in between WTG/ATG for face wipe off excess lather let sink out and refill and re lather face + dome and shave again for the second pass to get it smooth looking at/holding up my mirror for the back of my dome when shaving.

Let water out and refill sink with just cold water to cool/shut down everything or ice water depending dry off face + dome then apply some after shave gel and some body + face lotion or some baby oil gel for the shine or some herbal oil clean up sink.

Enter your email address: