Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 365014 times)

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2007, 02:32:29 AM »
Welcome to the SBG Family kd6tas, we are glad to have you.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2007, 02:45:07 AM »
OK, dammit....what does kd6tas stand for, man?

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2007, 03:05:50 AM »
Welcome aboard kd6tas!  Glad to have you.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2007, 09:04:05 AM »
Hi there KD6TAS!  I also started with an electric.  A Remington too and I'll agree that you can get as close as a blade (if you take the time), that there is the added benefit of no lotions and no razor bumps (with blades I get bumps).  Also I liked the feel of the electric on my scalp.  The reason I switched to a blade was because within a week, my electric calved on me. 
Furthermore, prior to headshaving I'd shaved my face with an electric for years and saw no cost saving at all over blades because the microscreen and blades for the electrics are so expensive when they have to be replaced and the life of those components will be shortened if you're shaving a larger area - and if your electric razor lasts.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2007, 09:21:52 AM »
welcome to SBG's KD6! i've been using my electric for about a week now exclusivey since i have been nicking this mole i have on my egg...once i get it removed i'll go back to the headblade....but who knows..with the electric i have been shaving everyday and kinda like it, easy and quick ...with the razor i was shaving every other day..
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »
Welcome KD6TAS.  It doesn't matter what you use.  If the electric gets you where you're satisfied, that's all that counts.  Many people experiment until they find what works best.  That's why it's great to have a forum like this.  You learn different products/routines, and sooner or later, you'll find the magic one that works.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2007, 03:10:08 PM »
Straight up KD6TAS.  It does not really matter what you use/what you have tried.  Its all a matter of personal preference.  There is probably very little chance that any of us have a Shave Routine that is exactly the same day to day.  All that Matters is your own personal preference.
Peace

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2007, 04:40:31 PM »
Hello KD6 and welcome!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2007, 10:19:37 PM »
Welcome KD6TAS!  de KJ7CA!   O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2007, 07:29:45 AM »
Welcome KD6TAS!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2007, 05:25:20 PM »
Got a question for the more experienced SLY ones....

Today was my first day with the the SLY look.  I shaved last night about 7:00 and then again this morning about 5:30.  I noticed by early afternoon that I already had alot of stubble. (I hate stubble).  It was very smooth last night and this morning after I shaved.  I haven't really gotten a very good razor yet.  I normally use an electric (Braun) for my face.  So I just used a generic triple blade razor that I already had for my head.  I thought that it worked alright at the time but now I am wondering if it might be the cause of the stubble.  I plan on getting something better, just haven't had the time this week.

Any thoughts, or is this just normal??? :/O :/O :/O

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2007, 05:37:07 PM »
Got a question for the more experienced SLY ones....

Today was my first day with the the SLY look.  I shaved last night about 7:00 and then again this morning about 5:30.  I noticed by early afternoon that I already had alot of stubble. (I hate stubble).  It was very smooth last night and this morning after I shaved.  I haven't really gotten a very good razor yet.  I normally use an electric (Braun) for my face.  So I just used a generic triple blade razor that I already had for my head.  I thought that it worked alright at the time but now I am wondering if it might be the cause of the stubble.  I plan on getting something better, just haven't had the time this week.

Any thoughts, or is this just normal??? :/O :/O :/O

I'll take a stab at this.  I think you've got a few things working against you.  #1 10.5 hours isn't long between shaves.  Most guys seem to think you get a closer shave if the stubble is a bit longer so the razor gets a better bite.  I get the best shave after 25-27 hours.  #2 Try to wait a little while after you get up before you shave.  That time allows the fluid in your cells to shift down out of your scalp.  #3 Try a better razor, that's part of the fun.  I prefer the Headblade.  Some like the Fusion or Mach 3.  Whatever is in your budget.  #4 I believe an exfoliator really helps.  I use the Headshed.  Some have suggested St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  Good luck!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2007, 05:49:09 PM »
Thanks Medic.  I'm going to get a new razor tomorrow.  I may try the Headblade.  I have an old Mach3.  Just needs some new blades, so I might try that first.  It seems alot of guys here like the shower shave.  I'll also have to try that to see what my results are. !d3@
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2007, 05:52:31 PM »

I'll take a stab at this.  I think you've got a few things working against you.  #1 10.5 hours isn't long between shaves.  Most guys seem to think you get a closer shave if the stubble is a bit longer so the razor gets a better bite.  I get the best shave after 25-27 hours.  #2 Try to wait a little while after you get up before you shave.  That time allows the fluid in your cells to shift down out of your scalp.  #3 Try a better razor, that's part of the fun.  I prefer the Headblade.  Some like the Fusion or Mach 3.  Whatever is in your budget.  #4 I believe an exfoliator really helps.  I use the Headshed.  Some have suggested St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  Good luck!

I agree with all of the above.  I've never been able to get a decent second shave in the same day.   A better razor will keep the stubble at bay longer.  Sometimes when I use a fresh blade, I can go almost 24 hours before any stubble starts to reappear.  The cheaper razor may seem to do as good a job initially, but the results aren't as long-lasting.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2007, 06:39:47 PM »
The Exfoliator is definatly key to the whole process as well.  I use to have major Velco Factor at around Five-Six after shaving in the Morn, add the exfoliator to the routine and I am able to keep it at bay well into the evening and night!
Peace

Enter your email address: