Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362728 times)

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »
I tried the cold water splash at the end of my shave this morning.  WOW!  Talk about a 4am wake up call.  It felt great.  I'm definitely keeping that in the routine.  Thanks! :px

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2007, 09:41:21 PM »
I here That!   B3M3
I tried the cold water splash at the end of my shave this morning.  WOW!  Talk about a 4am wake up call.  It felt great.  I'm definitely keeping that in the routine.  Thanks! :px
Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2007, 11:38:08 PM »
I don't know if it's coincidence, but I don't seem to have as much stubble in the late day when I do the cold water splash in the morning.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2007, 12:55:56 AM »
I don't know if it's coincidence, but I don't seem to have as much stubble in the late day when I do the cold water splash in the morning.

That is why you do the cold water rinse/splash.

It closes the pores of your hair follicles so the hair(or in our case stubble) grows back slower.

Basically warm/hot=growth acceleration while cold=growth deceleration
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:06:19 AM by David »
bald for life

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2007, 07:06:38 AM »

It closes the pores of your hair follicles so the hair(or in our case stubble) grows back slower.

That concludes our lesson for today kids. There will be a quiz on Friday, be prepared to fail. Oh yeah, and have a nice day!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2007, 07:38:19 AM »

That concludes our lesson for today kids. There will be a quiz on Friday, be prepared to fail. Oh yeah, and have a nice day!

Oh crap, I gotta remember this stuff?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2007, 07:46:07 AM »

Oh crap, I gotta remember this stuff?

You don't have to, it says be prepared to fail.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
Preparing to fail is a direct result of failing to prepare.
Put that in your crack pipe & smoke it.
 p0@^

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2007, 04:11:13 PM »
Last I checked, its always the Cool Kids in the Class who fail the Harder Test Pal!   O:O
Peace

jusbnme

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »
Last I checked, its always the Cool Kids in the Class who fail the Harder Test Pal!   O:O

Hey bro, in that case I must be the coolest cat around here.  :-\ ;D  Just a little joke on myself.  I was horrible in high school.   :(

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »

Hey bro, in that case I must be the coolest cat around here.  :-\ ;D  Just a little joke on myself.  I was horrible in high school.   :(

I hear that... When it comes to waking up to get to my College Classes in the Morning, The Body arrives but the Mind never left the Pillow!

You know how it is, God made some of us more Street Smart than Book Interested... Here's to being a Blue Collar Hero!  b!3r
Peace

jusbnme

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2007, 06:45:44 PM »

I hear that... When it comes to waking up to get to my College Classes in the Morning, The Body arrives but the Mind never left the Pillow!

You know how it is, God made some of us more Street Smart than Book Interested... Here's to being a Blue Collar Hero!  b!3r
[/quote]

I'll drink to that.   b!3r   O0

Offline Lucky13

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2007, 01:20:43 PM »
I love the shave I get with the headblade, and headlube, but once in awhile I always end up with a good size nick, usually around the ears. Most of the time I use a norelco electric, and shave while doing other things, and I never get any irritation or cuts with it. I have gone to a barber shop to get one of those nice warm professional shaves, and ended up with a nice bloody gapping wound, and he still charged me 12 bucks. But for closeness and the best looks its Headblade.
**13**

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2007, 06:38:07 PM »
I love the shave I get with the headblade, and headlube, but once in awhile I always end up with a good size nick, usually around the ears. Most of the time I use a norelco electric, and shave while doing other things, and I never get any irritation or cuts with it. I have gone to a barber shop to get one of those nice warm professional shaves, and ended up with a nice bloody gapping wound, and he still charged me 12 bucks. But for closeness and the best looks its Headblade.

First, Welcome Lucky13 O0

Second: The headblade for me was a lifesaver... I don't know about anyone else, but I would actually Nic the ends of my actual ears, not just the area around them, but the actual ears themselves.  It SUCKED!!!  I have had a few Nics and Cuts here or there, only when I have forgotten about to keep the pressure off of the front of the razor and keep it toward the back (over the wheels).  I just started using it to shave the rest of my face, and let me say, it does a O.K. job if you switch the blade around, otherwise the Blade has a tendency to be difficult to manouver & has a propensity for lateral movement around the sideburns. 
Peace

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2007, 02:30:41 PM »
I do the cold water thing too and then pat dry my scalp and apply some Clear Head, (HeadBlade product), for that scalp tightning sting!  YEAH BABY!   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Enter your email address: