Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362630 times)

shinyinflorida

Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #300 on: December 24, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »
I shave in the shower...less messy.  I wash with Dial and rinse. 
I use MKMen Shave foam.  A little pricy, but works well.  I also use Fusion Manual.
I have a mirror in shower.  I shave and rinse and run my fingers over so i didn't miss anything. 
I use MKMen Aftershave and moisturizing lotions afterwards.  My head is very shiny and smooth for about 18 hours. 
My routine is every other da.  However, I could do it everyday but it takes too much work.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #301 on: January 02, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »
I can't even remember when I last posted in this thread, but something tells me my routine has changed up since then. I shave in the shower, starting off with Gillette Shampoo+Body Wash on the head and face. Than lather up the head with Gillette Mach 3 Shaving Gel. Shave against the grain with Headblade Sport with Sensor Excel blades. Finish up by washing my head with either Gillette Dry Skin Hydrator Body Wash or Tom's of Main Bar Soap.

So, maybe not THAT much about my routine has changed, but it was still worth a post, I guess.

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »
I start out w/Nutritioniste gel scrub w/microbeads (Nutritioniste line of products are marketed in the little lite green tubes that seem to be everywhere) mixed in with a squeeze of Gillette (or Edge) gel and rub it all in the ol' noggin for about 45 seconds or so, (you can just tell time to stop rubbin' and start whackin' (LOL).

I have used both Headblade and the power of a Fusion Blade.  Both give great results, but I myself think i get a closer shave with Fusion power. (With both, I go with, then against the grain)

After rinsing, it's either Bald Guyz moisture gel, or Headlube, or  whatever I am in the mood for. Still in the experimental stage to see what appeals to me best.

I know it sounds like a lot of different products to try, but it's hard to find stores here locally that have the entire line of products from uno company. Sooner or later I'll narrow my choices down to one selection and order online what I can't find locally!

- Cap'n Noodles-

Offline Impaired

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »
Holy cow some of you guys have a lot of different products,I use cheap o` shaving cream,hot water and my sensor 3, afterwards I`ll throw on some moisturizer ( what ever I have available) and done.In the summer though I use bioelements sunblock and moisturizer (all in one).Usually I shave every other day

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #304 on: January 06, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »
Now my turn.  After 4 months it's time to post my shave routine.
Step 1: wet my hair with warm water & apply bald guyz pre-shave scrub to my wet skin and massage for about 60 seconds as instructed.
Step 2: rinse, and then apply bald guyz shave gel.
step 3: shave with the grain using Mach 3 & then against the grain using Mach 3 jetable.   
            The reason for using  the jetable going against the grain is because my skin is very sensitive so Mach 3      gives me some discomfort. (maybe I will try Fusion to see if this problem is solved, if so I will update this)
step 4:  rinse with warm water, then cold water.
step 5:  apply bald guyz moisture gel.     
The end.

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
Super Duper Shine
« Reply #305 on: January 08, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
Came about a super duper shine method quite by accident.

In the experimental stage trying various methods / routines, to cleansing shaving, and shining.

One of these experiments was cleansing w/Nutritioniste Gel MicroBead Cleanser, (found at most grocery stores, Wal-Mart, CVS, etc) coupled with Bald Guys Shave Gel. Rub it in well.

Shave with a nice sharp blade. (My choice: Fusion)

Towel dry.

Results: b!n&

NOTE: HeadWash by HeadBlade (combined w/Nutritioniste) = same results.

Originally, I intended to use the HeadLube Glossy for my final step in this experiment, but before
I reached this step, I looked in the mirror, and WOW! (LOL- Afraid then that if I used the Headlube, my scalp would then be so smooth and sleek, that my scalp might just slide right off my skull onto the floor.  :o

After testing this experiment w/the gel cleanser and the shave gel (I was@ the firehouse at the time), I walked outside the firehouse and blinded three drivers coming down the road from the cranium glare. (LOL)
                                      `Dr!v                     `Dr!v                   `Dr!v

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:39:51 PM by Noodles »

Offline oldkookskater

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2009, 11:47:32 AM »
I need to find some other product to try.  So far, just soap (whatever I've got) but I tried some "Kiss My Face" Sample shave cream from Sprouts Market and it was good, too.  Gillette Fusion, any and all directions since the hair I've got left grows every-which-way with some cowlicks on the back of my head, at the nape of the neck.

I like the Fusion razor so far, since I've dealt with sensitive skin most of my life.  Living in Dallas, the humidity during spring and summer seems to help with sensitivity.

I have some cheap-o Nivea moisturizing shave balm w/out alcohol that I use.  My wife doesn't care for the Gillette shave balm I bought since it has a strong fragrance. 
rob

Offline natetpt

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
Here what I do!!

Wash with some sort of exfoliating scrub (Boots own brand for sensitive skin at the moment!!), I use gillette Fusion shave gel, shave against the grain using a Fusion razor (i just bought a HeadBlade sport which I cant wait to try!!) , rinse with warm, then cold water, finish with some moisturiser!! I shave once every few days, just when I need to!!

Cheers

Nate

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #308 on: January 27, 2009, 09:45:05 AM »
Hi guys,

Here's my routine.

Always shave in the shower.

Routine varies a little bit from time to time, but here's what I'm doing now.

Just get wet for a minute or so.

Then apply an exfoliant to dome and face.  Whatever is available when I look for one.  Right now I'm using The Real Shaving Company's Daily Facial Scrub.  It works great.  Rub it in for about a minute.  Then rinse off.  Then I use Headwash and wash my head and face.  The scrub leaves me feeling a little gritty, but the Headwash takes care of that.

Then I rub in Headslick and use a Mach3 to do the job.  The razor just glides over the dome and I use my free (left hand) to feel for what has and hasn't been shaved.   I shave the top first (front to back) and then the sides (front to back and then from the bottom up), then back (bottom up).  Then I check out just above the ears.  Thats always the toughest part.  I shave in what ever direction I need to to make the head smooth. Then I shave mug. 

I have a mirror in the shower but use it rarely.  The touch of the free hand is a better guide.

I wash the rest of the body either before or after the shave...whenever.

I haen't been using a cold rinse, but will try that since so many of you guys swear by it.

After I dry off I apply a cream.  Currently using Headlube Matte.  I like the feel and the kinda glow without a heavy shine that it leaves. 

Applying the cream is a trip because I get to feel that baby butt smoothness.  Also, the headlube will allow me to feel if I missed a spot (like that damned area just above the ear) and I can easily go back an make it smoooooth.

So that's it.  Works for me.  But I'm open to suggestions.

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
BostonBean, I have almost the identical routine, but I use a shave brush and the the cold water rinse.  The rinse is also good for waking you up!  :o

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »
Hey Time2,

What is the benefit of the shave brush?

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »
Hey Time2,

What is the benefit of the shave brush?

It saves headslick product - makes a little go a long way.  And it also kind of acts as an additional exfoliator as you brush it in.  When I'm done with the dome, i have more than enough headslick on the brush to use on my face.

Offline outshined80

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2009, 08:13:07 AM »
Hey guys,

my routine, mmhmm, well at the minute i don't go the whole hog so to speak (nor have the courage really atm)... I just use my set of clippers without a guard and run that over every couple of days. I'm also pretty lazy, in the sense i  use my clippers to shave my stubble (sometimes i grow/shave a small goatie from the stuble/growth i have)  Though i do like having a bit of stubble on my face. If i don't shave my old head i pull out my hat and wear that until i know that i'm kind of respectable looking.

That's pretty much it i think... for now!

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #313 on: February 11, 2009, 11:36:37 PM »
So after reading all of the techniques here is what I have come up with. Take a really hot shower in which I use Nivea for men face cleanser on the dome. Then I use some King of Shaves Oil and use the King of Shave Alpha Gel on top of that. Then I bust out my Mach three and do the top of my head from front to back all the way to my neck. Then I do the sides and check for missed spots. After I am done shaving I stick my head under the cold shower for as long as I can stand. Then I follow it up with some Baldguyz moisturizing gel and use the Baldguyz sunscreen if I am going to be out in the sun.

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »
- In shower -

1. Scrub my face and head with Headblade HeadShed.

2. Wash my face and head with Headblade Headwash

- At sink -

1. Apply Hot Six oil on my head that's been sitting in near boiling water during my shower

2. Lather up Headblade Headslick with a brush. My shave mug sits in a small pool of running hot water in my sink during the shave, so my Headslick is nice and HOT!

3. Shave using Mach 3 Nitro. Back to front, front to back, then touch ups. I re-lather before each change in directions.

4. Rinse with COLD water.

5. Run ice cube over head (this method is still in trial)

5. Towel dry

6. A generous spray of Thayer's Witch Hazel

7. Bald Guyz Moisture Gel

D O N E !  8)

*I'm trying out some more Bald Guyz products, so my routine might change.
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght