Author Topic: Why men should not fear balding...  (Read 147401 times)

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
Re: Why men should not fear balding...
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2012, 04:30:24 PM »
I think that your article does describe a lot of the things that I have heard some balding men say. The thing is though that men shouldn't worry about what TV ads say they should look at what will make them happy and if you are married then I say you should surprise your wife with the bald look and she should like you either way for if having a shaved makes you happy then she should be happy for you. Don't let people influence your decision take pride in yourself and try it you will never know until you try it. I don't think balding men should try hair restoration I think they could look years younger just by shaving their heads and I have talk to a lot of bald men that don't and do shave their heads and I found that either way they are happy. A good product though that I did find that helps with breakouts is Sea Breeze and cleans the pores really good and keeps break outs down. If you have any advice of things that I could do to help me to take care of my head please let me know.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »
I fear growing my hair. This morning, I didn't shave .. earlier start at work. Feel scruffy and am convinced my stubble is long enough to wear in a pony tail.

Cannot wait until I have a satisfying smooth this afternoon.

I feel the same way already. Feels better if I shave every day. Missed it one day last week due to long working hours and couldn't wait to get home the following day and shave again.

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2013, 07:20:55 PM »
I fear growing my hair. This morning, I didn't shave .. earlier start at work. Feel scruffy and am convinced my stubble is long enough to wear in a pony tail.

HAHA I know this is 1 year later, but really this comment hit home.  That was me today  O0

Offline Stone Cold

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2013, 11:54:52 PM »
I got asked for I.D. A few days ago whilst on honeymoon.  I asked the waitress how old she thought I was, she said 28! I'm 37 :).

A female friend of mine yesterday said she couldn't get over how different I looked. Said I looked hot.

I feel younger and think I do look younger and more stylish and current rather than wearing a unit.  Got all my headblade stuff delivered yesterday. Brilliant.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
I got asked for I.D. A few days ago whilst on honeymoon.  I asked the waitress how old she thought I was, she said 28! I'm 37 :).

A female friend of mine yesterday said she couldn't get over how different I looked. Said I looked hot.

I feel younger and think I do look younger and more stylish and current rather than wearing a unit.  Got all my headblade stuff delivered yesterday. Brilliant.

Brilliant!

Offline pjm789

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2013, 06:40:20 AM »

I feel the same way already. Feels better if I shave every day. Missed it one day last week due to long working hours and couldn't wait to get home the following day and shave again.

Same here.  If I don't shave every day, my day goes down the tubes.  Nobody really notices, but I do and I just don't feel comfortable.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2013, 02:04:56 PM »
I feel better if I shave every day, otherwise I'm constantly rubbing my head mapping out the growth of the stubble.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2013, 11:41:42 AM »
Awesomje article Tyler. Thanks for sharing it with us.

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »
It is just part of being a man.  Some bald and others do not ever.  If you are balding, just go for a close buzz or do what I did and embrace reality and shave.  Besides I was getting too gray and since I am now completly bald, I look 10 year younger.  I have a graying gootee, but I use just for men beard.  It works great and again I look so much younger.
Just accept and go for one of the alternatives above.  I vote for complete bald.

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2014, 03:29:52 PM »
The fear for most is other people it was for me i mean at 16 its understandable you can imagine why since i was still at school...when it really came down to it i never really cared about balding or being bald (apart from the horsehoe look when its really grown out i dont like it on me)...i mean i let it grow out now and shave it and repeat thats how much i dont care...but for me it was being judged in the end i came to my senses and it just got shorter and shorter to what i am now...if anyone judges you for being bald they are not worth your time.
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline Harry Bringle

• Introducing myself
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2015, 02:19:17 AM »
Great job,Tyler!What an article!
I am Bringle from Hague,Netherlands.I am always cooperative in nature.I am very much concerned about my fashion & style.So, i wanna know & share everything related to that.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »
Thanks Harry!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: