Author Topic: anyone challenging themselves?  (Read 9518 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
anyone challenging themselves?
« on: June 24, 2012, 02:24:12 AM »
Hi SBG's,
Anyone else enjoy working out and have weekly or monthly goals they are pushing? My goal this month was to push myself on the lifecycle and hit a 100 miles on top of my weight training, so far I am at 81.2 so am going to have to push it to make my goal, knocked of 5+ miles today.

I will post a July challenge. lets see how many sign up, the target will be to ride, walk, run, whatever 100 miles in exercise mode. I perfer turning up the level on the Lifecycle myself.....

anyone game?
Cheers,
Ty

Offline aeth

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: anyone challenging themselves?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 02:30:20 AM »
Challenges are good! I personally try to improve myself 1% every day.
Started running a few months ago, done the 16km, then half a marathon, now preparing for a full marathon in october - after that, an ironman 70.3!

In others words, I'm game!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 06:14:04 AM »
I recently started working out again. A couple of us Mods are supposed to be pushing each other (althoughI haven't heard from those two guys in a couple weeks!).

I'm down 17 lbs. but have been stuck at that for a couple weeks. I'm going to change up my routine a bit this week (more lifting) to try and jump start my weight loss a bit.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline erikwillke

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 08:58:56 AM »
I've been on a rollercoaster for a while.  My goal is to lose about 60 pounds.  I know it's going to take time but it starts with that first day.  I've had a lot of first days.

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:37:00 AM »
Hi Mike,
Yah I got stuck a couple weeks ago and based on advise added some HIIT training to my routine and that worked wonders! Hit my goals for this month already and am feeling pretty good! Going to try and drop 8 more and reevaluate my goals. My main tools are the Polar FT80 heart rate monitor and myfitnesspal.com for tracking calories, I highly recommend them.

Hit my June goal.......happy days!
Cheers,
Ty

June Month Summary
Training Sessions   54   (includes weight lifting sessions)
Duration   39:03 hours of training
Calories 23305 burned
Distance   101.2 mi on elyptical trainer (HIIT and endurance sessions)
Weight loss = 8 pounds

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 01:41:51 PM »
I had a 5 lb. 8" x 6" tumor removed from my left chest cavity the first part of January. I'm just now back in the gym doing stretching exercises for my upper body and very light weights for my legs. My goal is to get back in the shape I was in when my profile pic was taken. Hopefully by the 1st of 2013 so I can put back on the 15 lbs. of muscle I lost over the last 4 years or so because of the tumor.
If y'all reach a sticking point losing weight after dropping 10 or more lbs. you may need to reduce your caloric intake again. As you've reached a new maintenance calorie level for your present bodyweight 😄

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »
Hey there Snakehandler. Wishing you a full and complete recovery!
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »
Congrats on the tumor removal and wish you the best in healing! That's a great point about adjusting your cals to your current weight and goals, I use MFP to do that and it then gives me my daily calorie goal.
Cheers,
Ty

I had a 5 lb. 8" x 6" tumor removed from my left chest cavity the first part of January. I'm just now back in the gym doing stretching exercises for my upper body and very light weights for my legs. My goal is to get back in the shape I was in when my profile pic was taken. Hopefully by the 1st of 2013 so I can put back on the 15 lbs. of muscle I lost over the last 4 years or so because of the tumor.
If y'all reach a sticking point losing weight after dropping 10 or more lbs. you may need to reduce your caloric intake again. As you've reached a new maintenance calorie level for your present bodyweight 😄

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 02:34:48 PM »
Hey Snakehandler:  Congrats on the tumor removal and may U have a quick recovery.  I am also exercising atleast 3 times a week.  I'm not doing the p90x challenge with my fellow mods but I just want to continue to be healthy and trim.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline mav6996

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 08:45:07 AM »
My challenge is to get up to 35-40 miles of running each week within a month (currently at 15-20).  I'm also working on building up my core strength and will embark on an upper body training effort afterwards.

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »
I have lost 10 lbs. with the goal of losing another 10.  Hard to do, especially at this time of year since I love ice cream!  I was never one for lifting weights or working out on machines.  I have lost enough weight that my abs are actually starting to show.  They are still covered with a layer of fat but it is shrinking.  Another 10 lbs. should do it.   I love to walk -- once I start, I just want to keep going!  I also do yoga.  I have been at it for 4 1/2 years and every pose at every class is a challenge since I always try to do better than the last time. 
Stan

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »
I started standup paddle boarding early last year and I've reached a point where I can go about 6 miles without a break. I've set a goal of paddling from Maui to Molokai (2 of the Hawaiian islands) next spring. It's about 9 miles if I go straight across.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »
I started standup paddle boarding early last year and I've reached a point where I can go about 6 miles without a break. I've set a goal of paddling from Maui to Molokai (2 of the Hawaiian islands) next spring. It's about 9 miles if I go straight across.

And it'll be open ocean paddling as opposed to bay & river which is what I'm used to. So that'll be an extra challenge.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
I have gotten back into bicycling.  My goal this year is to ride the Hotter N Hell 100 mile bike ride in Wichita Falls, TX on August 25.  I have run 3 marathons in my younger years.  I have never ridden this far.  Would love to do a triathlon but I can't swim across a bathtub!

Gonna be hot.  I will let everyone know if I make it.   O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
I'm just getting back into exercise after acl reconstruction 4 months back.  I do cycle to work and back every say though, which is a 13km round trip.  Meaning about 177 miles for a 22 working day month.  Actually it's slightly more because on rehab days I cycle around 19km a day, which is once or twice a week.

Seems like more than i thought written in black and white there!