Author Topic: Just started shaving again!  (Read 3930 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Just started shaving again!
« on: July 04, 2020, 09:39:00 AM »
I've had a lot going on in my life over the past few years so haven't been keeping up on my shaving routine so now I'm learning all over again.  I used to have my picture on here years ago but it seems to be gone now but no matter, I'll just post another one.  Anyone, I started out with a wet/dry electric but I like the refreshing feeling I get from a razor shave.  The problem is, I keep missing spots then have to go over my head again.  My wife likes the look but now I'm getting razor burns and irritation so I'll let it go for a couple of days.  My old routine doesn't seem to be working like it used to so I'm learning all over again.  I think I'll keep my head this way.  I really like it!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 12:52:03 PM by clint902 »

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Re: Just started shaving again!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 11:41:53 AM »
I started keeping my head buzzed to a number 2 or 3 years ago.  I can still grow a full head of hair, but I had wanted to shave my head for years.  I shaved it bald for the first time about four years ago, and immediately grew it back. Since then, I’ve shaved several times, keeping it for a month or two.  Four months ago, I shaved again, and have kept myself bald ever since.  It takes a while to establish a good routine.  My scalp irritation always went away after a couple of weeks.   I started shaving in the shower about three months ago, and that has worked out well for me.  The hot water prepares my stubble for shaving and it’s easy to go back and get any spots I may have missed the first time.  Good luck to you.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 03:18:42 PM »
Welcome back!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 04:57:56 AM »
My hair grows in like tree stumps so I think I'll try using hair conditioner again to soften the hairs.  I'll see how that works.  My hair is really thick but the razor shave feels really clean.  I'll keep trying different things until I find something that works good.  I'd really like to keep my head this way.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 05:26:19 AM »
I find that conditioner or shave gel works the best for me.  I always shave with the grain on the first pass.  Wipe my scalp off the lather up again with gel then shave against the grain.  I like to get my scalp as smooth as a bowling ball.  Now I have a good tan on my head and the shadow is barely visible so I'm good to go and only takes a minute or ten to shave.  I can't imagine myself with hair.  I am the way I am and that's it.  I get way more compliments than I expected and only a couple of negative remarks but the negative people expected me to be a different person if I had hair than without.  I didn't know that having hair influenced my personality traits.