Author Topic: Going sly tomorrow  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
Going sly tomorrow
« on: March 02, 2020, 02:54:18 PM »
Going sly for the first time tomorrow, I decided to up the ante for my st baldricks fundraiser and go razor smooth as incentive to donate more. Will post pictures after but thanks to all here for giving me the push to try going sly.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Going sly tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 03:42:28 PM »
Enjoy the experience, and welcome to the bald brotherhood!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 05:58:47 PM »
looking forward to at least trying it for a week and shaving it for that long. Im not balding yet but im thinning at temples so figured what the heck lets do this.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »
The first time I shave my what is 48 Saint baldric’s some 15 years ago.  since then I have for years at a time but occasionally go back to the Flattop when my medical condition allows.

my sincere advice do you have just one week it takes more than one week for your brain to make the transition from such a radical style change and you owe it to yourself to be able to make an informed “decision” rather than a “reaction” as to whether or not you want to grow your hair back.

So please post your before and after’s and please also take about observing the 30 day rule. you owe it to yourself.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »
I'll try and go 30 days just to try it. I hope its a look even if I don't keep it year round to come back to as my reset point. I definitely want to give it a chance and experience it for a little though and will try and go the full 30.  This is my before pic

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 01:10:50 AM »
opinions and encouragement are appreciated

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 01:13:38 AM »
Its a hair style, if you are not happy with it, it will grow back.  Good for you, raising money for a good cause, well done.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 01:15:35 AM »
Its a hair style, if you are not happy with it, it will grow back.  Good for you, raising money for a good cause, well done.

Thanks! Do you think I should give it the 30 day try?

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 05:52:05 AM »
couple more hours and ill post the finished product for better or worse

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 06:25:23 AM »
Your photo with the faded haircut looks really good.  It is up to you to keep it bald or not, but most guys do need 30 days to adjust.  You are young and still have options. Also, you do not have to be a full time sly guy.
SlyBeard

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 06:36:13 AM »
Your photo with the faded haircut looks really good.  It is up to you to keep it bald or not, but most guys do need 30 days to adjust.  You are young and still have options. Also, you do not have to be a full time sly guy.

Im going to try and shave for a bit and get over the shock but yeah if I like the look I will prob be a part time sly, especially in summer here in florida. If you've checked out massemo's haircut and headshaving how to's on YouTube I pretty much subscribe to the same vein. Im doing this to see if I can use bald as my reset point and to get over any lingering balding fears. Im a transgender man 40%-57% of us go bald and most dudes I know balded in the first 5 years on testosterone. I will not take finesteride or do treatments if I do because they are just a waste of time and the pills are dangerous.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:38:25 AM by Thathawkguy001 »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 06:59:03 AM »
If/when the time comes to be full time sly, in Florida you will not need to worry about being cold in the winter.  I stay sly year round in South Louisiana and almost never wear a hat, even on the coldest days.  That may be different if you work outdoors.

You do, however, need to use sunscreen.  The freshly shaved skin on top of your head will burn quickly.  Some guys try to develop some color on top with a fresh shave and end up with a nasty sunburn.  The color will come over time.
SlyBeard

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »
Im baaaaald :P

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 10:11:56 AM »
gotta reshave to get the rest down its still stubbly

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 12:40:07 PM »
Congratulations! Looks good. It won't look much different when you razor shave, but you won't believe how awesome a smooth head feels.

With my white hair, it takes a few days growth to see anything, but I shave daily to get that completely smooth feel. Nothing feels cleaner than a silky smooth head. I finish with a cold water rinse and apply witch hazel for a great shine.
Bald by choice, and loving it!