Author Topic: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)  (Read 741987 times)

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)
« Reply #690 on: October 16, 2013, 10:24:11 PM »
Thanks Mel.

It was a very hurried picture I took after shaving this morning.  It doesn't show the blade very clearly so i'll try and get a better one in future when I have time!

Happy to see you're still enjoying the CC!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re:
« Reply #691 on: October 21, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »
Monday Night, October 21, 2013 SOTD

Gem Junior

Gem blade

Mike's Natural Soap Lemongrass & Eucalyptus

Semogue Owners Club

Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Osage Rub

I got an outstanding face & dome shave with the vintage SE razor (Gem Junior).  Mike's Natural Soap Lemongrass & Eucalyptus provided thick yogurt-like lather.  If you haven't tried Mike's Natural Soap...I highly recommend it.  It is that good.

WARHAWK
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #692 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »
Nice Mel, it's been a while since we saw an SE in this thread... or is that the first one?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #693 on: October 22, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »
Nice Mel, it's been a while since we saw an SE in this thread... or is that the first one?

Hi Brian:  No that was not the only SE posted in the SOTD.  I have posted my vintage SE razor the Gem G Bar.  That was my very 1st vintage SE razor that I used to face & dome shave.  Don't forget about my modern day SE razor: Cobra Classic.

I loved the shave with the GEM Jr (or GEM 1912 another name they call it) that I will use it for my next shave. 

WARHAWK O0

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #694 on: October 23, 2013, 01:48:14 AM »

Hi Brian:  No that was not the only SE posted in the SOTD.  I have posted my vintage SE razor the Gem G Bar.  That was my very 1st vintage SE razor that I used to face & dome shave.  Don't forget about my modern day SE razor: Cobra Classic.

I loved the shave with the GEM Jr (or GEM 1912 another name they call it) that I will use it for my next shave. 

WARHAWK O0

Ah, of course, yes!  I forget the CC is an SE, but I've had Push button, Featherweight, Injectors at least, all in this thread at one time I think!    Still using a straight here at the moment though!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re:
« Reply #695 on: October 26, 2013, 12:44:34 PM »
Saturday, October 26, 2013 SOTD

Razor:  1912 Ever Ready

Blade:  Gem

Soap:  Mystic Water Soap (Bay Rum)

Brush:  Morris & Forndran

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Captain's Choice

This whole week, I have been exclusively using my vintage SE razors & I have been receiving some great face & dome shaves.  Today's SE was the Ever Ready.  The Mystic Water Bay Rum continues to perform well and the scent is intoxicating.  I finished it off with the Captain.  For those of you who love Bay.Rum. . . I would suggest trying the Captain's Choice. 

Ahhhhh. . . life is great!!!   I hope your shaves are great, too.  Enjoy your weekend.  I know I am.8)

WARHAWK

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #696 on: October 27, 2013, 04:02:41 AM »
@warhawk Sounds great Mel!
The only Bay Rum I've tried is HBG, which is cheap but smells great!  I've wanted to try the Captain's brand but shipping is too much to me over here!

Loving your pictures and descriptions! 

I'm 13-14 shaves in with the Boker and it's just fantastic!   Weirdly, two other straights I have, also honed by the same talented guy from B&B, give me problems.  The Booker is bigger though and just seems to agree with my face.  I'm in love with this razor!  I also have two more straights heading my way after surprisingly winning 2 auctions over there this week.  Hopefully they'll both put in appearances in this SOTD thread in the near future, but they've got some work to do to displace the Boker!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #697 on: October 28, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »
Just a pic of the razor blade today from me - a 4/8 Christensen straight.

Cream was Musgo Real, classic old school scent.
Brush was cheap Omega boar.
Dessert was witch hazel followed by HBG Bay Rum with 444 balm.

Lovely stuff

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re:
« Reply #698 on: October 29, 2013, 06:48:49 AM »
@Bluebriz:  Hi Brian. . .   Very nice pic my friend.  Thanks for sharing.  I look forward to more of your SOTD pics and participation. 

WARHAWK

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re:
« Reply #699 on: October 29, 2013, 06:56:28 AM »
Monday Night, October 28, 2013 SOTD

Razor:  GEM 1912

Blade:  Gem blade

Soap:  Mike's Natural Soap (Lemongrass)

Brush:  Semogue 620

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Captain's Choice

Last night I had a very relaxing, soothing, and enjoyable shave that I did not want it to end.  I went vintage using a GEM 1912 with a Gem blade.  I revisited my trusty Semogue 620 and it lathered Mike's Natural Soap to a thick, creamy lather. 

WARHAWK

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #700 on: October 31, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »
Warhawk, you got me havin' lust in mah heart for a good DE and the fixins!  :@` I hope my Headblade and regular razor have no hard feelings!  ;D
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re:
« Reply #701 on: October 31, 2013, 07:13:04 PM »
Hi DC:  You should try the traditional way of shaving using a DE, SE, or straight razor with a brush, and soap or cream.  Keep us posted and if you have any questions post up here or PM me. 

WARHAWK

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re:
« Reply #702 on: October 31, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »
Halloween, October 31, 2013 SOTD

Razor:  GEM 1912

Blade:  Gem SS

Soap:  Cella!

Brush:  Semogue 1438

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Osage Rub

Hello fellow chrome domes:  I had a soothing & excellent shave with the GEM 1912,  Cella!,  and my go to dessert my famous ice cube rub,  refrigerated WH,  refrigerated Osage Rub.  My Semogue 1438 soap killer whipped the Cella! into a creamy, slick lather.  The clean scent of  Cella!  gave me a big smile.  Ahhhhhh life is sooooo good !

WARHAWK

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #703 on: November 05, 2013, 10:37:57 PM »
Just inherited my late Father-in-Law's Gillette "Fatboy" adjustable DE, and am sprucing it up.  Now all I need are some good blades, soap, brush and aftershave stuff.  Hey Warhawk!  How do you do the ice cube rub?
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #704 on: November 06, 2013, 10:32:09 PM »
Just inherited my late Father-in-Law's Gillette "Fatboy" adjustable DE, and am sprucing it up.  Now all I need are some good blades, soap, brush and aftershave stuff.  Hey Warhawk!  How do you do the ice cube rub?

DC, I hope Warhawk won't mind me answering, but the ice cube rub is exactly how it sounds.  Take the ice cube and rub it over your face until it melts away 👍