Author Topic: 2nd Week Down and Feeling More Confident  (Read 4987 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: 2nd Week Down and Feeling More Confident
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 07:11:10 AM »
Barber shop shaves can be a real treat.  But with practice, you will eventually be able to get it just as close yourself.  It does take some time to adjust to the change in the mirror, especially since you had so much hair to loose.  It is a big change for you.

@slybeard Yeah, I'm going to try my luck with a different razor and see if I get better results. I love the barber shop experience, but it could get expensive really quick. it was a bigger change than I was expecting and I'm still trying to get used to it. I definitely look a lot younger with hair, and that's probably the biggest adjustment with the shaved head I at least look closer to my actual age.

If the look of age is bothering you, try more facial hair.  My hair went gray early (started in my 20's) and I looked much older than my actual age in my late 30's.  By my mid 40's, I would frequently be given the Sr. Citizen discount at restaurants.  I started shaving my head in my late 40's, then added the full beard and grew it longer, keeping it dyed (naturally gray/white).  I am almost 59 now, but I have never been offered the Sr. discount since my 40's.  Most guess my age at mid 40's.
SlyBeard