Author Topic: My Lack of Confidence Destroyed My Life-Hair Transplants Are A Lie!  (Read 18751 times)

Offline JimmyRhino

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: My Lack of Confidence Destroyed My Life-Hair Transplants Are A Lie!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »
I think we have all been through alot of STUFF as you have   - - -

But you do get old and BALD - - -

I will be 70   (OLD) next month and I am BALD - - -and it is not so bad - - - -

Get a hold on yourself and buckle down and WORK - -it seems like you have tooooo much money

I had to work my ass off when I was your  age and it kept me busy and I did not have time to worry and especially about 
 my BALD HEAD.
You're 70??  :o
Holy cow, if that's what the sly lifestyle does for you then sign me up!

Offline HeadChange

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Mangosink, for some reason I feel that I need to comment to what you're saying.  First off, I earn somewhere in the ballpark of 60k per year, and I live in one of the most expensive areas of California.  So, too much money isn't really an issue.  And, I do work my ass off...I work 60+ hours per week; I'm a CEO and founder of a business that did close to 1M in sales in the first year, and yet I'm seeing about 60k of it.  It's truly a non-profit...and, I juggle the difficulties of life just as any hard-working father does.  The main reason that I got into this business, aside from believing full heartedly in the medical value of MMJ, is that I was working my ass off in so many other non-profits, and making next to nothing...for 10 + years. 

I do have fears of being bald, and that's exactly why I came to this forum. At 70, you have obviously seen life, and the sh!t that can come with it when your not happy with yourself (you look young for 70, fyi).  Bottom line; no matter how hard we work, how hard we try to make ourselves out to be perfect...if we don't love and accept ourselves as who we are, then what the f' is it all about anyways.  Now my goal is to figure out how.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 10:34:56 PM »
Hi Headchange.  I think you are too hard on yourself.  Maybe you have done a few things you now regret (haven't we all) but to me you seem to have also done some very positive things too.

In the total scheme of things losing your hair hardly rates and nowadays having a shaved head is a real positive especially when you smile and show confidence in your outlook to life and to other people.

Like Mangosink I am now 70 and been shaved for nearly 8 years (time flies when you get older!!) and despite a few scares like prostate cancer I have never been fitter, have a very positive outlook on life and have a great family that I support and they all support me.

Get rid of the hair, grow a goatee or some other facial hair, keep working at your job which sounds great and life will look much brighter.  The great guys on this forum are all here to help.
Roger

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 11:22:39 PM »
I came through severe depression, and an abusive relationship (yes men can be the subject of abuse too), I very nearly didn't make it out the other end, but I scraped along and saw a therapist for nigh on 3 years. 5 years later and I am now at the best place I have ever been, shaving my head along with it. After being at such a low, you will appreciate the positives even more, it will be a long run, and learning to love yourself after something so profoundly life altering is a life long process, but it gets better every day, Learning to appreciate the fact that you chose to live instead of give up, to smile and carry on will give you the strength to become yourself and that new you just so happens to be bald.

Sorry for the long winded post, but essentially what I'm saying is, through all this hurt, you are still learning who you are, and if there ever was a time to change your appearance like this, it's now, because you're in complete overhaul anyway. Good luck, happy to help any time.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 06:00:53 AM »
I first shaved my head for my 47th birthday. I had VERY thin hair for years and the top was nearly gone. My thin  hair never really bothered me because I've known since I was a kid that I would be bald one day (long line of bald men in the Koz Family).

When I finally did shave my head at 47, I simply said to my wife "I'm going to shave my head today". She said "Great, go ahead!". I walked into the bathroom, pulled out the shaving supplies, and did it in about ten minutes. No big deal (except to my kids!).

I'm almost 52 years old now and can't even imagine having hair. My 10 year old daughter doesn't even ermember me with hair.

Life is good my Friend...... don't waste even a minute worrying about insignificant things. Shave and move along.... Life is waiting.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields