Author Topic: What to wear if you're bald?  (Read 33198 times)

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
Re: What to wear if you're bald?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »
I like the black leather jacket and wearing darker colors. It makes a great contrast with the sly bald head. Great comments from everyone on this thread. Thank You.

O0 O0 O0

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 07:50:33 PM »
I like to dress up.  Dress slacks and button down oxford shirt. Cordovan loafers. Tie (bow or regular), Sport coat or leather jacket. 

The guys at work used to make fun of me for dressing up, but anymore it's just the occasional complement, "You look sharp today".

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 09:10:42 PM »
I agree with snakehandler. A black leather jacket looks really sharp with a bald head.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 04:30:29 AM »
A V neck sweater and white T-shirt. The v draws attention the baldness. Well, that's what I read. Seems to work for me.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »
I think i agree with you on a black leather jacket , biker jacket t shirt jeans or leather blazer black , roll neck and dark pants . Tend to wear a grey hoodie and grey sweatpants . Grey hoodie and shorts looks good also . Or white dress shirt tie and dark pants .
Tux rarely wear it , but black vest white shirt and dress pants bow tie . I write a list ofthe things I wear .
1) trackies hoodies and footie shirt

2) HMP prison shirt and jeans , leather jacket

3) maroon polo blue workwear trousers with sewn in creases maroon sweatshirt , a fav.

4) white shirt tie black trousers

5) leather trousers  tshirt , leather jacket

6) orange prison t shirt , sweatshirt , orange sweatpants

7) lleather jeans , satin shirt

8) formal tonic shiny grey suit 2piece

9) trachten bekleidungen , lederhosen , jacke , trachten hemd , tachten schuh

10 ) leather jacket , jeans white t shirt

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »
You could go around naked, but make sure you have bail money ready.
[/quote

Well if I did that , i could wear a nice orange jumpsuit

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Re: Re: What to wear if you're bald?
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
A V neck sweater and white T-shirt. The v draws attention the baldness. Well, that's what I read. Seems to work for me.
Must try that Jules

Offline vsG734

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »
I struggle with this topic as well. Glad I came to try and figure this out... I think style is important if you wanna look sharp. I have some outfits which I hate with my pasty whiteness, and others I do well with. Here's some that seem to work for me personally/I feel comfortable in:

1. Plain white tee, silvery gray levi's, and black cross trainers with white soles/ some other black athletic shoe. (I noticed as a pale white dude I look better with shirts whiter than my skin). Add a nice silver chain if you want my total look lol.

2. For dress casual- slim fit collared shirt with vertical stripes (I have a fat head so I don't want horizontal stripes), blue levi's or american eagle jeans, and brown shoes. Don't forget the belt matches the shoe color.

3. For work/formal- oxford socks and oxford shoes with no laces. Gray wool straight legged slacks (forget the pleats, please!) and a nice quality shirt. You can pick about any solid color. If you choose to do stripes, make sure not both your pants and your shirt are striped. One or the other. (This should be a rule for everyone, not just guys without hair) Also, don't forget the belt or miss a loop. Switch this out with brown pants and brown shoes, or khakis.

4. Long sleeved gray shirt, blue jeans, and brown oxford shoes. I'm a fan of the oxfords. They are classy and go with just about anything. Alfani makes great ones.

5. After this I'm out of ideas and would love more. By the way- I'm not gay- no offense to those who are. I just like to dress well.

6. When it's bright out, don't forget a kickass pair of shades. Nobody wears sunglasses better than guys with no hair.

Now for some stuff I hate wearing with my dumbass white head. Also- everyone looks better in different things, this is just me personally:

1. Black suit jackets

2. Yellow

3. Shiny things (I have oily skin :( - something else I'm working on)

4. Turtle necks.

5. horizontal striped polos

6. plaid or gingham

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 01:31:43 AM »
You sound like a stylish guy... but plaid is my MO, love it... I'd wear a plaid tablecloth

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 01:48:59 AM »
Nice one sly five , too many clothes really ,

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 01:56:35 AM »
I struggle with this topic as well. Glad I came to try and figure this out... I think style is important if you wanna look sharp. I have some outfits which I hate with my pasty whiteness, and others I do well with. Here's some that seem to work for me personally/I feel comfortable in:

1. Plain white tee, silvery gray levi's, and black cross trainers with white soles/ some other black athletic shoe. (I noticed as a pale white dude I look better with shirts whiter than my skin). Add a nice silver chain if you want my total look lol.

2. For dress casual- slim fit collared shirt with vertical stripes (I have a fat head so I don't want horizontal stripes), blue levi's or american eagle jeans, and brown shoes. Don't forget the belt matches the shoe color.

3. For work/formal- oxford socks and oxford shoes with no laces. Gray wool straight legged slacks (forget the pleats, please!) and a nice quality shirt. You can pick about any solid color. If you choose to do stripes, make sure not both your pants and your shirt are striped. One or the other. (This should be a rule for everyone, not just guys without hair) Also, don't forget the belt or miss a loop. Switch this out with brown pants and brown shoes, or khakis.

4. Long sleeved gray shirt, blue jeans, and brown oxford shoes. I'm a fan of the oxfords. They are classy and go with just about anything. Alfani makes great ones.

5. After this I'm out of ideas and would love more. By the way- I'm not gay- no offense to those who are. I just like to dress well.

6. When it's bright out, don't forget a kickass pair of shades. Nobody wears sunglasses better than guys with no hair.

Now for some stuff I hate wearing with my dumbass white head. Also- everyone looks better in different things, this is just me personally:

1. Black suit jackets

2. Yellow

3. Shiny things (I have oily skin :( - something else I'm working on)

4. Turtle necks.

5. horizontal striped polos

6. plaid or gingham

I like your style , must try some of the things in it , my bf who is lsly likes stripey t shirts and polos , gingham shirts are nice , kinda stuff used to wear when I wore skinhead uniform. Just bought some turtlenecks for golf as golf clubs here are pretty snooty asto what u wear . You sound very classy ,

Ps I am  gay , but have my deepest respect for those who are not .

The thing that does turn me offis guys who wear a long sleeve shirt and have it hanging out over there trousers to me it looks naff

Offline vsG734

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »
Yeah like I said I have a complex with certain clothes although I'm sure it actually looks ok. Anything that goes in a horizontal direction, loud colors, patterns- idk. I got a fat head. If I had a narrow head I don't know- I just see it being more stylish lol.

I hope this topic keeps going, because one of the things I came to this site for was to look for the positive and improve my style. Hopefully there's some good product reviews when I get around to reading them, too.

I currently use Edge (it's hard to find aveeno shaving lotion), and the fusion 5 blade.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »
Fat head? Not seeing it.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
You sound like a stylish guy... but plaid is my MO, love it... I'd wear a plaid tablecloth

I go crazy over plaids too.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 02:06:15 AM »
Plaids not sure