Author Topic: Frustrated SOs - What to do  (Read 3188 times)

Offline twilliam414

• Learning the way of Sly
Frustrated SOs - What to do
« on: December 08, 2017, 12:16:51 AM »
I don't know about all yall, but pre- dem sep a had long, curly hair which all my male reletives still habe. MPB, nada. But seborrhea dermatitis iis a rough beast, and I honestly lose having either a shaved head of #1 buzz cut when it is the way it is outside now (Southern Hemisphere, Brazil). I know that my wife fell in love with a visually different me, she went through a year I just shaved my head straight to the bone. Now that I'm unemployed and looking for a job we both agreed on growing some hair to not look crazy. But today, I got #1 on the top and #0 sides, I thought it looked good, she said "OK, I', not permitting you to ciut your hair until after new year!.

For me, this was just one option for my summer cut - I had being told I can't do something, so do I:

1) Obey, grow until 31/12
2) Rebel hard - go back to shaving my headd with a safety razor every day for a few weeks
3) Wait and get the same cut straightened up next next - insisting that I can choose how to wear my hear.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Frustrated SOs - What to do
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 01:14:24 AM »
I guess you'll be the best judge given that you know your wife better than us and will know how she will react if you decide to keep shaving or keep your current hair style.  It sounds like her big worry is that you won't get a job if you keep the head shaved. My advice is to prove her wrong and get a job.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 06:09:21 AM »
All I can tell you, @twilliam414, is that since I shaved my head some five years ago, I have applied for two jobs with two different employers and got hired for both. 
My smooth head never has been a problem or an issue.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 12:49:43 PM »
Cave Dweller, well you might be ok getting jobs but what about women?

Enter your email address: