Author Topic: How often do you guys shave your head? Razor burn? Irritation? Shine?  (Read 11261 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: How often do you guys shave your head? Razor burn? Irritation? Shine?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2021, 02:23:36 PM »
I shave daily and haven't had any razor burn since I started using olive oil on my scalp before applying some shaving gel.  I don't know why this works but I can't complain.  I get good shaves every time.  As for the shine, I don't really care if it shines or not.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2021, 07:29:21 AM »
I only get razor burn if a repeatedly shave the same area trying to get it perfectly smooth.  I have learned to not do that over time, some areas just will not be perfectly smooth.  Daily shaving for me is no problem.
SlyBeard

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 09:05:19 AM »
I shave daily and haven't had any razor burn since I started using olive oil on my scalp before applying some shaving gel.

That’s a great trick. I’ll try olive oil next time when i run out of my King of Shave oil. It’s getting hard to find.  But yes, about 6 to 8 drops of oil on the dome with shaving gel on top of that makes for a perfect shave. It’s just about eliminated all razor burn. 

I don’t fuss as much about getting that perfect shave. I have a pesky spot that’s tough to get smooth. But too my swipes with the razor will create a burn regardless of what you apply.

As for a shine, i use aloe gel. I do like a nicely buffed, shiny dome for weekends or after work. During the day, matte is fine, and I don’t apply anything other than a moisturizer.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:07:57 AM by Razorhead »

Enter your email address: