Author Topic: New To the Brotherhood  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Jbrunson23

• Sly Guy in Training
New To the Brotherhood
« on: March 18, 2019, 06:43:11 AM »
After months of lurking this forum i have finally decided to make an account. I am 26 years old & have been balding since i was 15. The temples on my hairline were always going back (mother side of family men all went bald young) so i knew going bald was in my future. Balding honestly didnt affect me as much as other guys because i have other insecurties growing up (overweight and crooked teeth) that put hairloss at the bottom of the list. Over there years i kept cutting it at 0 guard until about 3 years my hairline haf recceded to the past of no return. Any advice on razors that you would recommend because i deal with bad razor bumps. 

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: New To the Brotherhood
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Jbrunson23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »
Thank you for all you guys do for men.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:41:09 PM »
Welcome buddy!

Offline Jbrunson23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 12:56:45 AM »
Thank you! Any razor recommendations?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 03:22:09 AM »
Welcome to the board....Maybe try something with fewer blades? I use a safety single blade razor. If you are not too obsessed with smoothness, a foil shaver will get you pretty close too.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Jbrunson23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 06:09:08 AM »
Ok imma try it. I just ordered the headblade moto & it will give it a try tomorrow.

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 01:39:30 PM »
Glad you joined the group....welcome

Offline Jbrunson23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »
Thank you for having me. You guys ever tried the lead razor?

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 09:32:11 PM »
After months of lurking this forum i have finally decided to make an account. I am 26 years old & have been balding since i was 15. The temples on my hairline were always going back (mother side of family men all went bald young) so i knew going bald was in my future. Balding honestly didnt affect me as much as other guys because i have other insecurties growing up (overweight and crooked teeth) that put hairloss at the bottom of the list. Over there years i kept cutting it at 0 guard until about 3 years my hairline haf recceded to the past of no return. Any advice on razors that you would recommend because i deal with bad razor bumps.
i hit that 'point of no return' a few years before you did, so I can relate. I do like that term you used, 'point of no return' because it sums it up our situation perfectly. you, me and a millions of us everywhere.

Offline Jbrunson23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 09:42:42 PM »
Id say 2 months i was still shaving but still on those toxic hair loss talk forums reading guys wine & complain about hair like its something that we have to have in order to survive. I didnt wanna be like those guys complaining everyday & hoping there will be a cure. I rather there be a cure for cancer then hair because the older i get the more i think about helping my family & friends. I will 30 years old in a couple years so achieving my goals and having my sh*t together is my only priority.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 01:51:35 PM »
@Jbrunson23 welcome to SBG! What type of shaving cream are you using? On top of a good razor you need a good shaving cream or oil to help with razor bumps.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Jbrunson23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »
Ive been using conditioner and its working amazing. I orderd the Omnishaver & it works great so far.

Offline punsikorn

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »
Thank you for all you guys do for men. :D
ดูหนังออนไลน์มัน ๆ