Author Topic: I lack confidence with women  (Read 12792 times)

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
Re: I lack confidence with women
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 04:19:54 PM »
Get yourself a gay wingman.  We're chick magnets, much like cute dogs.  :*))

Red

Red you AIN't right..lol
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 04:30:25 PM »

Red

Red you AIN't right..lol

You know it's true.  If you don't want it, women want to force it on you! 

I'd just tell 'em, he's not sure but he might be gay and they'd be out to prove he's straight LOL ^-^
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »

Red

Unfortuantely so very true, Red is alright in my book  O0

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 05:04:53 PM »
Back on a serious note, Fred, your married friends are good sources for finding nice women to date.  Stable single people of all persuasions are best met through social channels not the bar scene.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 06:22:58 PM »
Back on a serious note, Fred, your married friends are good sources for finding nice women to date.  Stable single people of all persuasions are best met through social channels not the bar scene.

Red
So true...

Offline TheBaldAndBeautiful

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
Hi Baldtribesman,

Women tend to like kind, successful, ambitious men who are attentive but not weak. Men ought to take a vested interest in what the woman likes/dislikes, what she is interested in and what her opinions are about things while at the same time being aware that too much eye contact and too many questions will kill the mood for women. You have to be interested while playing it cool like you may know something about what she is saying and strong like she is in charge but you are protecting her.

Where to meet women:

If you are not an exerciser maybe its time you start. Join a yoga class and be patient (tons of women). Join a palates class or a swim class but don't be lecherous (tons of women).

Look into joining some clubs or groups that do some of the things you like. There are likely going to be women in there or at least it creates a window.

Online dating. Always a possibility for (tons of) women.

But kindness is key. KINDNESS without being too gazey. Women want to know that they are safe, so staring can be uncomfortable. Open doors, pull out chairs (if its convenient), offer the woman to go first (almost always) but don't look desperate; just smile and make some minimal eye contact. Be cool and relaxed. And expect nothing.

Another way is to make girl friends. You know, some chicks you are not interested in. You can meet them online or through a club or class or at work and begin to get comfortable around women.

Even when rejected be cool. Rejection hurts but be cool. The more you try (without being a lecherous creep) the more possibilities you will encounter.

Remember that physical exercise always helps you shine from the inside out and women will see that.

Good luck.

Great post.  Approaching is a learning process.  Sometimes you fail and sometimes you succeed.

mdave87

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 08:00:04 PM »
Hey baldtribesmen, what I got from your post is that you're an intelligent, solid, good guy. You can play piano, solve equations, and you know classical music-the rest of us can barley tie our shoes. Just bring all that to the table and I'm sure you'll meet someone in no time. Good luck to you-someone always shows up when you least expect it.

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 07:41:29 PM »
Women can smell deperation.
Try not to spend your time focused on trying to always pick women up. I'm not saying act/look disinterested, but don't be a dog either. Unlees you want fleas.
You have to be confident and accept yourself, flaws, hair, no hair, fat, short.
Talk to some friends that are women or female coworkers and get feedback.
Don't be afraid to get shotdown either...Women find different men attractive for all types of reasons.
I'm not into trying techniques or reading books on how to pick up women. Maybe this works if you are after sex from desperate (STD's-look out brother) or vulnerable women.
Be yourself dude.
Shine through your strengths and don't compare yourself to anyone.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 07:18:59 AM »
I would agree with the suggestion about asking some of your married friends (or unmarried) for help.  When younger, I was a lot like you and simply did not feel comfortable approaching women that I didn't know.  Now I was fine when they approached me, but that rarely happens except on TV.

Social activities where groups of people gather are good bet. Church activities can be good. But, I know a lot of people that have met their significant others via their pets. I don't know if you have a dog, but some women love dogs. It's a good ice breaker.  But, then again some women hate dogs --my wife included.

I was a nerd at 13, a nerd at 19, a nerd at 30 and still a nerd at 42.  It doesn't matter one bit. There are a lot of women who like the same things. You just have to find them.

I've been married for 14 years to the "life of the party".  We were exact opposites. She loved country dancing, parties, large social gatherings, etc. I hated that stuff, but we clicked because she admired some of the things I like.  Now they say I'm the social one. Go figure.
TheBBQGuy