Author Topic: terrified to pull the trigger  (Read 6005 times)

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
Re: terrified to pull the trigger
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »
The surprise for me when I went, with some trepidation, from a close buzz to razor-shaved was that it was a non-event.  Most people didn't give a hoot, didn't even look.  Folks who noticed said obvious stuff like, "Oh, I see you shaved your head."  In my business, I see several hundred different people a month.  It took a month to garner one or two comments.  By and large, hardly anyone cares!  They're preoccupied with their own struggles.
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:49 PM »
Ryan,

The most likely thing is that once the deed is done, you will get compliments on the new look.  Then eventually as you take on confidence with the look instead of all the angst and attempts to hide the obvious (thinning hair), you'll take joy in displaying a beautiful, clean-shaven dome.

Go for it, buddy.  You won't regret it.

Welcome to SBG.

Bean

Offline jmcmana

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
Just do it, you'll love all the benefits- Showers are better, no such thing as a 'bad hair day', you never have to wait at the barber shop, chicks dig it

You get the point, step up
"Get your shine on"

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 07:44:47 AM »
Pull the trigger. You'll maybe feel different and quite scared the first days but it's worth a try. In the second day you will be accostumed. In fact you will feel better smooth and probably will not let it grow back again.
If you don't like it, in one or 2 weeks you'll have enough hair back.
But like all us here, the only regret you'll have is not having done that before.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 10:12:42 AM »
Ryan, pull the trigger, bro. I echo what all the sly bro's have said.

You'll feel freedom like you've never felt before. Give it a shot.     O0

Offline ryantheo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 08:40:01 PM »
Very cool.  Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement.  You are all good people.  When I get the cajones, I will post the results.  Going to do it pre-vacation with my wife.
Peace.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »
hey ryan:  the guys have given U some gr8 words of wisdom.  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.  i promise U that when U decide 2 "do the deed".  U will not regret it.  matter of fact, U will B thanking us.  keep  us posted 2 your road 2 slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »
DO IT!  I love my slyness.  I have shown my picture with hair (I have a full head and choose to be sly...) to my coworkers and my students, they all say that I look funny with hair.  People will take you for who your are, and the ones who can't get past that aren't worth it! 

P.S.  Cool sprinkling and head rubs are a great extra benefit!  :@`
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline baldkorean

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 10:25:32 PM »
Nothing to fear, but fear itself :)

For someone thinning, going sly is the best option.  I honestly think it's insanity for anyone to sport a Costanza, birds nest, or comb over vs going sly. 

Face your insecurities, shave it off, and be proud of your appearance.  Life is too short to waste time fretting about hair - eventually we're all dust.

Enjoy being different, and like the other fellas here, wear the sly look with style and confidence.  Don't be afraid of that guy in the mirror.  There's only one of you in this world, and your opinion of yourself is the one that matters most.   The hell with everyone else :)  Those that care about you will accept you all the same.

packersfan

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »
Just shave it!!  If you don't like it...in two weeks you'll have a nice buzzcut of growth so it's not that big of a deal.  Just do it.