Author Topic: Well, the jury's in!  (Read 1162 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Well, the jury's in!
« on: July 03, 2021, 08:19:04 AM »
I've read a few posts about rotaries vs foils and I own both so I've reached a conclusion.  First off, my hair is very thick and grows fast so that is a consideration in this test so anyway, I used both shavers wet.  My rotary brought my hair down to a matt with stubble, then I fired up my Braun s3 foil which took my hair down the rest of the way.  I could've gone through life being content with that shave but I have all this equipment so then I broke out my razor but that's another dimension of shaving and everyone has their own technique.  The part I like is when I wet shave first with the foil then re-shave with the razor, my scalp comes out so much smoother. 

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Well, the jury's in!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 08:35:52 AM »
Thanks for this info, Clint! Yes, I tried the cheapo rotary, didn't work, sent it back. My trusty old 3 head Remington foil is over 10 years old, and I only get 2 shaves on a charge now. Unfortunately, they discontinued that model, so I'm looking a the Remington 2 head. Hope it works as good as my old one.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 01:14:30 PM »
Would it be possible to replace the battery(s)?

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 05:32:53 AM »
I recently got a Asavea rotary shaver, which I have had really good results with. The battery lasts a long time and it has a retractable trimmer on it, as well as the 5 rotary heads. It takes about 2 hours to charge it, but it lasts a long time on a single charge.

I had tried a couple of other models and had very disappointing results. This one seems to work pretty well, it has nice ribbed sides which is nice if your hands are wet, etc.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 11:37:12 AM »
I get pretty decent results with my LK6300 but I've discovered that I have to really press down to get a decent shave.  My foil shaver doesn't require much pressure.  Overall, I prefer using my de but don't always have the time which is about 2 minutes for the actual shave but a half hour prepping my scalp for the shave.