Author Topic: If you're worried about teenage hairloss here's my advice (from a fellow teen)  (Read 6495 times)

Offline SlowlyShedding

• Learning the way of Sly
So if you look at the few posts I've made since joining this forum you can basically FEEL how unconfident and worried I seem in my writings. And you know, it's totally understandable to see why I feel that way: I'm 18 years old - the prime of my life - and my hair is slowly but surely all falling out. Does it suck? Most definitely. This isn't something that most 18 year olds or even individuals in their 20's have to generally go through and yet here I am and here some of you are as well.

Honestly, 24 hours ago I could have walked into any room and immediately told you how many individuals were balding. When you get to the point where you're seeing HAIRLINES before you're seeing PEOPLE you need to accept the simple fact that you're vain. You need to admit to yourself that you are far too self absorbed in your own vanity and that if you don't change that way of thinking that you WILL be unhappy and nothing will ever fix that besides yourself. I'm guilty of that line of thinking as well. I've been debating taking debilitating pills like Propecia, with getting a hair transplant, hell, I've been debating joining the fucking hairclub for men which is shameful in and of itself.

Trust me, I know what every man in this situation reading this is thinking: "But I want to get laid and no woman is gonna sleep with a bald man." All I can say to that is bullshit. I mean, honestly, what makes you think that a woman would have been attracted to you with hair anyways? You obviously have a pretty low self-esteem and opinion of yourself if you think THIS is going to make women totally ignore you. And before you tell me about all the stories you've read online all I can say to that is read what those dudes are saying. They sound like the guys who'd go to a party and sit in the corner waiting for something to happen rather than being confident and MAKE something happen. If they're vain enough to let hairloss take away their confidence (like I have) then they have problems that they need to work out.

Do you want to know how to fix that? I can't promise that what I'm about to say will make you think you're attractive, cool, etc. but I do know it'll at least make everyone think that about you: don't give a f**k. I'm not saying you shouldn't care how you look! Hell, I've finally decided to start bodybuilding when I get back home from my vacation, but not because I'm trying to compensate for my hairline! I want to do it because I think I'll look better that way. That's it. There's no other reason in there. I don't want to look good for anyone else because like the advice says I "don't give a f**k" and neither should you. If a woman rejects you for your hair just move on. She wasn't worth it. Don't be shy about being bald, fucking own it and that confidence in itself will make women want you. I feel like gold today and I bet I look a hell of a lot sexier to any woman now than I did yesterday.

Tomorrow my hair is going. This honestly might look f**king awful, but I sure as hell am not going to let my chin drop a single centimeter if that's the case. Why? Because I don't give a sh*t. Hell, it'll be a relief from the constant "hair checks" and from all the instances where I avoid an open car window, etc. Honestly, this post was partially for you all and partially for myself if this newfound confidence ever wavers because it is the greatest feeling I've felt in years, hair or no hair.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:02:32 PM by SlowlyShedding »

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Great post! A lot of adults could learn things from you. Hair is overrated.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Indeed, hair - like many things - is overrated. I know, it's part of that deep inner primal DNA for making connections with a partner.

I wish that "we" (that's the collective "we") would become more accustomed to looking at the whole package - including kindness, spirit, humor, gleaming scalp - before assessing a person's worth.

I maintain that I really am not interested in someone who allows appearance to determine their interest.

There is so much more to a person.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Well said, FrontierGuy. An individual's personality, and their ability to add substance to a relationship, is far more important than physical appearance.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Great post!!  If there's one thing I wish I would have done in college it would have been to shave my head.  I'm dead serious on this. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Great post!!  If there's one thing I wish I would have done in college it would have been to shave my head.  I'm dead serious on this.

Same here.

Offline njbill

• Sly
f**k it....be the bald guy and not a beta whiny bitch....squats and oats

Enter your email address: