Author Topic: Bald in the Winter  (Read 8000 times)

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Bald in the Winter
« on: November 18, 2018, 04:56:22 AM »
I’ve been bald by choice during the past three summers.   It’s a great feeling and I like the look.  I normally keep a buzz cut during the winter.   If my hair is cut too close, my head tends to get cold.  I don’t like wearing hats.   Does anyone else have a problem with a cold head in the winter?

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: Bald in the Winter
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 05:45:32 AM »
This is going to be my first winter shaved bald. Let see if I can handle it.

I don't like hats either (and is a crime hide a perfectly smooth head)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 06:25:30 AM »
Are you kidding me Chuck! I live in Minnesota. Yes, a bald head is very cold. I hate to wear hats too, but definitely needed. What bugs me is that stocking hats don't want to stay on a shaved head. I have a hat with fur on the inside and a strap under the chin.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:00:26 PM by reddog »
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 06:26:46 AM »
i do.i am not bald by choice. i have very little hair on the rest of my head,so i shave it off.i can feel the cool breeze in the warm weather and the cold breeze in the cold months.but it is worth it on how having a shaved head all the time makes me feel good about my self.i will either wear a cap or a winter hat in the winter to keep me healthy.

Offline Sciguy68

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »
I will say ,it can get a little chilly but I wear a hat and I give everyone around a surprise when I take off my hat and show off my nice, bald head! If I am going somewhere where it is cold, I don't shave for a day so my hat has some "stubblr" to stick to. Good luck! It's worth being chilly until you get indoors or snuggle with your special someone!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 12:39:33 PM »
I wear a beanie while outside but take it off when inside to show off my shaved head.
Roger

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 01:40:39 PM »
Yes the cold is felt by a shaved head. I personally am a hat person, both in the cold and in the hot sun.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 06:18:10 PM »
I notice the cold too.  I prefer to sacrifice style for comfort and where a cap in cold weather. As soon as I go inside, it comes off.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 11:54:17 PM »
 I always hated hats when I had here because they’re always mess up my hair and it always looked horrible so  I never wore one
 but now with the shaved head hat goes on just great, no hair gets messed up, so having a nice soft stocking cap in my pocket that I can pull on whenever and feels so nice on my clean shaven skin has lsolved my hst-hate  problem and keep me healthy

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »
I am not a hat person either, but I still like my smooth head in the winter.  Fortunately for me, I have a job that is 90% in the office, and I live in South Louisiana with mild winters.  I do wear a hat if I intend to spend a lot of time outdoors on a cold day.
SlyBeard

Offline ScaraBerry

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 07:42:55 AM »
I live in Finland and the winters here are freezing, already feeling it in my bbs scalp.
Having a winter coat with a hood is a good alternative to a hat. The days when I don't feel like wearing a hat I just put on the hood when outside, then obviously take it off when not out in the cold.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »
I’ve been bald by choice during the past three summers.   It’s a great feeling and I like the look.  I normally keep a buzz cut during the winter.   If my hair is cut too close, my head tends to get cold.  I don’t like wearing hats.   Does anyone else have a problem with a cold head in the winter?
cold sucks. but cold and windy really sucks. #1 defense: hoodie.  #2 some form of Beanie Hat. And be prepared to loose a few.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2019, 05:57:05 PM »
It's that time of year again! It was 11degrees this morning, so I guess it's time to get the winter hats out again. A cold head is really the only complaint I have about wearing a shaved head. I think I'll try growing my hair out to at least a buzzcut. See if I can go more than a week or two before I can't stand it!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 06:23:58 AM »
I can feel the artic wind, as my arthritis howls throughout this aging bod.
With that  said, it’s HAT TIME.
Of course, as soon as I enter a temperature controlled indoors, it comes off and I become SLY MAN(without cape).

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2019, 05:12:07 PM »
  Time to break out them Sly beanies . . . .

Enter your email address: