Author Topic: Changing opinion of the Headblade.  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Changing opinion of the Headblade.
« on: January 11, 2021, 02:59:49 PM »
Awhile back, I bought a Headblade ATX. I uses it a couple of times, and I wasn't all that impressed. But after awhile, a picked it back up and started working with it a little more. Now that I've become used to it, it's just about become my favorite! Fast, little irritation, and EXTREMELY close shaves. It leaves my head feeling like it never had hair! It also seems to be more consistent and makes it easier to get stubborn patches. I'll grant you, it's NOTHING like a regular razor and takes some getting used to, but well worth it in the end. i highly recommend it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: Changing opinion of the Headblade.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 03:54:27 AM »
Yeah, I have a couple of em but I did have some problems around my ears so how do you deal with that problem?

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 12:10:06 AM »
I hesitated to give it a try, plus I had a huge stock on gillete razors. It's also a bit of problem that they don't have a supplier hear (Greece) and the posting cost is very big, so i have a to place a big order.
But definatelly it's something I want to try out and I am thinking of placing an order in spring.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 11:26:34 AM »
I used a Headblade for a while.  I got decent results from it.  It works well for a quick shave. They stopped stocking stores with their products a couple of years ago.  With that, I switched to a Gillette Fusion.   It gives me the smoothest shave I’ve ever had, and the blades last a long time.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 07:03:37 PM »
I used it once after shoulder surgery and I must say, it worked well! Still will go back to the safety razor when I'm healed though.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 03:35:21 PM »
Yeah, I have a couple of em but I did have some problems around my ears so how do you deal with that problem?

You just have to fold the top of your ear down and go whichever direction works best for you. I really haven't had a problem.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 10:48:44 AM »
I think that's the razor I tried a week after I resumed shaving my head, and the thing cut me about a dozen times.  Some of them were big but there were so many little ones that I didn't even feel.  I ended up buying a fancy Bic razor with replaceable blades for cheap and it does a great job so I doubt I'll ever touch that Headblade again.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 01:15:33 PM »
I shaved my head with the headblade in the past. It’s a really close shave and a really fast shave. I liked the moto better than the ATX, but that’s just me. I went back to a regular razor mainly because my local drug store stopped carrying the HB blade refills.