Author Topic: 26 transplant victim just wants to be bald  (Read 2804 times)

Offline overture91

• Learning the way of Sly
26 transplant victim just wants to be bald
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:49:44 PM »
Hello Gentleman,

I'll begin by saying that I wish I discovered this forum before I decided to get a hair transplant last year.
I was suffering from depression, and picked the most immediate and apparent "problem" to fix in an attempt to feel better about myself. At the time, that was my hair. Like many young men, I was enticed into the decision. Making a knee-jerk reaction after hearing a bunch of empty promises and seeing a bunch of "success" photos.
I wasn't even bald. A norwood 2 heading towards a 3/3a. My main problem was diffuse thinning, something I combated with thickening styling products. In retrospect, I was a terrible candidate for a transplant and should have waited another 10 years before even considering one.

The front 3rd of head was densely packed with grafts, resulting in a terrible hairline that is completely unnatural (think Steven Segal). I wanted to cry after seeing this, for me that was the beginning of the end. I fell into the deepest depression and have been wearing a hat ever since. None of my friends know what I did. I still haven't been able to tell any of them. I avoid social gatherings in public spaces now as I don't want to remove my hat.

I am here today to say "enough!". I will get my life back, I will get my confidence back, I will come out stronger and help prevent other young men from making the same bad decisions.
2018 will be the year I address my mental health and try to remedy the problems with my scalp so I can be comfortably bald. Kinda ridiculous when I think about it, spending thousands of dollars to return my scalp to a condition where I can pull off a bald head.

I look forward to sharing my journey with all.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Re: 26 transplant victim just wants to be bald
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 01:13:33 AM »
@overture91 welcome the the group. It sounds as if you have been through a difficult time but you now have what seems to be a very positive attitude and a plan to take back control of your life.  The members here are very supportive of all life choices so join in and become involved.

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 01:33:03 AM »
Hi mate,

Despite everything it’s great to see you still have a positive outlook on the situation. Not sure what scalp issues your experiencing, but I hope they’re sorted for you.

Good luck!

Offline Alexx1980

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:11:47 AM »
Hi Jordan

I feel for ya. I know what it's like. I had the same experience as you. So wish I had found this website B4 I decided to do a transplant. We'll, what's done is done. I am reclaiming my life. Have shaved my hair after suggestions I was given here. Not a look I had wanted for myself but miles better than having fake hairline.

Let me know how you get on.

PM me.

A

Offline underorbit

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:41:04 AM »
Welcome, Overture! I've heard a lot of people on here say that some scalp problems cleared up when they started shaving; maybe whatever scalp issues you're having aside from the HT will do the same. You're far from the only one who's been suckered in by HT, including a bunch of people on this board. I never even considered it myself, but that's only because I don't like surgery where they don't knock my @$$ out entirely.

Alex, when do we get to see an after shot of you, man? I bet it looks great! And I know you're new to this; give it time and you'll be so much happier that you went for it.

Offline jimmythomas

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »
Welcome, brother... All I can say is you are not alone. Many guys here and elsewhere have fallen for the empty promises of hair transplant clinics. It's great that you're ready to embrace being bald! You'll find lots of great advice on here to help you along the way.

Offline overture91

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 03:07:58 PM »
I appreciate all your support and kindness.

The first time I saw myself bald was in the clinic when they shaved my head pre-op.
I looked in the mirror and thought "wow, this actually looks good". Then valium kicked in, and I went along with the surgery. When I got back to my hotel, I felt like destroying everything, I wanted to go back hurt them for what they did to me.

To this date, it is by far the worst mistake I've ever made.
I was a year away from becoming a mental health professional, but I simply didn't have the confidence to attend my clinical practice. So it's been delayed until next year.

I'll update this thread with pics when I get home.

Thanks again guys, you're a great bunch people.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 05:04:23 AM »
Chin up, mate! You have found a really super bunch of folks! The best.

Lots of guys here have been where you have. Many of them have shaved and never look back. The transplant scars fade, and there are some things you can do to make them go away, even quicker, if that is what you choose.

Best!

DD

Enter your email address: