Author Topic: Back to the land of Slyh  (Read 4053 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Back to the land of Slyh
« on: March 14, 2020, 09:57:23 PM »
Well tonight we held a "Fund'd Razor" and I am finally back to Sly.  While I still do not think that it is my best "look"-  it is most definitely my best "feeling".  I don't feel "clean" unless my head is ice and smooth.  And I sure love the "freedom" of not having to Obsess about maintaining the horseshoe flattop to camouflage the balding crown!!!!  It really is an OCD thing for me.

P.S. I tried to change the "avatar" photo but it just keeps turning it sideways every time I put it in  there

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Back to the land of Slyh
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 07:00:43 AM »
Welcome back to sly, but it was a good flattop.  The flattop is the style I always wanted, but my hair texture would never corporate and stand up straight.  I did try several times..
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 08:01:32 AM »
Well, you know I like flattops, but you look great shaved bald. It's such a clean, sharp look! Enjoy your baldie haircut, and welcome back to sly.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 08:35:53 PM »
I will definitely be keeping it sly for a good while.  When medication allows, I like to change it up and grow it a bit, but I am always sly at least half of the year.  Like I said, the flattop is a good "Look" for me but I really enjoy the clean feeling and the the ease of care/worry when I shave.  And when you see the medical workers who deal with coronavirus shaving their heads because it might slightly reduce their chance of contagion, perhaps being ultra clean is not such a bad idea right about now!

(Apparently the virus can survive on a hard surface such as a gas pump or ATM keyboard for only about 12 hours; but it can survive on a soft, fibrous surface such as clothing, upholstery or hair for up to 72 hours.  Still, it cannot enter your body unless it falls into a mucous membrane such as your eyes, nose, mouth, or you breathe it in.  So you don't want to run your fingers through your hair and then touch anywhere else on your face without first washing your hands)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 10:13:33 AM »
That would be funny if all these people that are panicking picked up on that and started shaving their heads! Damn, then we would have a shortage of razors.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 12:40:28 AM »
yes thank goodness I have a brand new omnishaver here!  I may run out of toilet paper but at least I’ll look good!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
Looking good Semi-Sly!

Flattops are my favorite cut. I wear one on and off although my hair isn’t as thick as it use to be. But it is fun to buzz it  and shave it off!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 11:08:27 PM »
That would be funny if all these people that are panicking picked up on that and started shaving their heads! Damn, then we would have a shortage of razors.

well with all of the barbershop being closed down a lot of guys are just gonna have to do it themselves and I’ll bet you that they all just take the clippers and move it off.  so many guys around here are doing just that that in fact it’s already been dubbed the “corona cut“

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 08:01:10 AM »
Of we are going to see alot of shaggy longhaired guys.

I think on my Facebook page I'll offer my barbering expertise to my friends. After all, I cut my hair and can give them a nice smooth shiny dome! God knows many of them could use it.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 10:47:55 PM »

well with all of the barbershop being closed down a lot of guys are just gonna have to do it themselves and I’ll bet you that they all just take the  and move it off.  so many guys around here are doing just that that in fact it’s already been dubbed the “corona cut“
Im seeing that a lot on Instagram, I welcome it. Ive been bald by choice since march 4th and its grown on everyone. would be good for bald to make a comeback

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 11:13:34 AM »
Welcome back, it really suits you a lot!

Enter your email address: