Author Topic: Should I Be Ashamed To Be Bald By Choice?  (Read 26100 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Should I Be Ashamed To Be Bald By Choice?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 05:22:46 PM »
Full head of hair here. Shaved it bald at 58. I love it.  Nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.  Some thing to be proud of.

Offline merase

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »
I just don't see the reason why you would be ashamed. I frankly think it's pretty neat.

Andrei

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 01:37:47 AM »
Welcome baldguy1!

It's a haircut, so you should decide. If you want it then go ahead and try it. Isn't it better to experiment instead of wonder what if?

Offline Flatbadger

• I have no idea.
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Keepin it clean.
    • Funny Fascinating Foods for Fanatics
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 10:43:33 PM »
Bald is so much easier then the hair I have. Shaved it in about 2005 and never went back and never will  O0

It felt different at first but never shameful LOL.
The only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know anything for sure.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:27:15 AM »
Oily, dandruff, hat hair, sweaty hair, pillow hair.

If you want to be ashamed of something be ashamed of having hair then shave your shame away.

You will probably feel a great feeling of freedom or liberation from "the tyranny of hair". It's hard to believe until you do it.

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 01:38:15 PM »
When you take the plunge, you'll see tje asbsolute majority of people around you simply don't care. I had the same feelings before I started to shave my head. There were very few "bad reactions" and even those people got accostumed soon.
Shaving a head BBC is simply like growing a beard or not. Simply a preference.
I suggest you shave your head in stages... cutting each time shorter. When you reach #1 or even #0 you'll see there's almost nothing more to lose, everybody will be accostumed to your short look, mainly YOU and you'll be ready for the next step.
Even if you don't like at all the smooth look you have hair again in a couple weeks if you don't keep your head shaved.
But the sensation of having a smooth head is wonderful. Probably you'll keep it sly as many of us and thousands of people elsewhere have done. here.

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »
Several of the bald guys that shaved because of thinning hair wished they have shaved their head sooner. No shame go ahead and shave.
Larry the bald guy

stemikger

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
No way.  It's just another style.  Although I have a receding hairline, I have no bald spot in the back, so technically I could grow my hair, but part of why I am shaving it is I work midnights and not worrying about hair when I take my nap a few hours before I go to work is a big time saver for me.

My wife still asks me if I could grow it back and I still get some remarks about why I shave it, but I've come to a point in my life where I LIKE IT!!  So I just ignore what others say ad the bottom line is it makes me happy and I actually prefer the look.

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »
Totally BBC here. To be honest maintaining thick hair that was grayling was hard. I was too old to style it the way younger guys do- could not pull off coloring well either. Wish I had do this 5 yrs ago. BBC now for 8+ months - no turning back! Your choice is most important- we are here to support you .

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 10:40:06 AM »
When I first expressed interest in going sly, I received a few negative comments; then when I shaved it everyone who first tried to deter me from it said I look good this way. I'd say no don't be ashamed.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Re: Should I Be Ashamed To Be Bald By Choice?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:51 AM »
When you take the plunge, you'll see tje asbsolute majority of people around you simply don't care. ....There were very few "bad reactions" and even those people got accostumed soon.

LOL....life is soooo different when you are a BBC woman!!  Haha. 

But I have sometimes felt guilty, bc society purs sooo much pressure on women to fit that supermodel body including hair (seen all those shampoo commercials lately for women?).  To me its just hair and not a huge big deal but I don't think others see it that way when its a woman who is bald. 

That's why I hang out HERE!! You guys are da bomb and accept me with and without hair just the same. I love this forum at SBG. Just like you get support for MPB, I get support too.  Grateful.
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 09:22:49 AM »
No shame here.  I have always liked the sly look and was waiting on MPB to kick-in just so I wouold have an excuse to shave.  I have some minor thinning that I could see up close to a mirror in bright lighting, but no bald areas.  My thinning was not even noticalble by others, so I consicer myself BBC.  However, I considered it enough to give me an excuse to shave.  Now that it is done, I wish that I had shaved it 10 years earlier, because nobody really cares if I am BBC or BBN.  So decide for yourself, its your hair, your choice.
SlyBeard

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »
I need to remember to use the spell checker.
SlyBeard

Offline Todo Duro

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 04:44:35 PM »
BBC here, been shaving or buzzing for years for similar reasons as yours. Ashamed? Never. Other people's opinions whether positive or negative are irrelevant, at the end of the day it's your hair and you, not others, get to decide what to do with it. If you like it shaved, do it - if you don't like it, don't do it  8)

Also if you have greasy hair and dandruff you'll likely see your problems disappear almost overnight as soon as you start shaving. Might be left with oily scalp skin if you're prone to it, but that's nothing to compare!
.: you must laugh and sing if you want to conquer the world :.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 03:34:34 AM »
Nice responses, folks....Unfortunately, the OP hasn't checked back in for more than a month, so.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Enter your email address: