Author Topic: Are there places you feel uncomfortable / less comfortable being sly?  (Read 32321 times)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Re: Are there places you feel uncomfortable / less comfortable being sly?
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2012, 05:06:32 AM »
Parents get used to it and luv you for who you are

R3Capt

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 05:28:17 AM »
I am in the service industry and when I go into a Super Cuts to perform contract work I feel a little awkward like the stylists are glaring at me - although I have never seen them doing so. I think it is that I feel guilty for somehow not supporting there business  :/O And if you think that's weird you ought to see what else is bouncing around inside my head.  :px

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »
Absolutely not!!!!    I never wear a hat regardless of the time of year so the gleaming dome is always visible.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »
@npsbg - To answer the question, no there is not a single place that I worry about being sly. I have got to the stage where I do not really care. My noggin is least of my worries. Interviews, no, funerals, no. I cannot think of any place.

Regarding church, I am sure God does not mind you bald so why should the other worshippers think any different?

I don't go to church anymore, but even if I did, it would actually look kinda cool, especially in a Charismatic church!
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2012, 07:26:21 AM »
I started this thread in my early days of being sly.  At this point (over a year now), sly is who I am and I'm completely comfortable with my shaved head wherever I go.  In the first 30 days, you adjust to the look.  After a year, it's hard (impossible?) to recall what it's like to have hair. 

Offline AJB1015

• Sly Jr.
  • Somewhere in between BBC and BBG (bald by genes)
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
I've only been sly for a few days, I feel relatively comfortable pretty much everywhere. I would feel slightly weird going to a party or something with all my high school friends tho who haven't seen me in years... I'm also visiting my grandma this summer who hasn't seen me since I was 15... I can't say I'm totally looking forward to showing her my bald dome.

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
Amost everywhere? lol

Maybe it's a combination of being somewhat young (27), and being slightly self-conscious about my head shape.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
Jason ... I don't see any "shape issues" you should be concerned about.  We are our own worst critics. Let go of that worry, and enjoy yourself. 27 is too young to spend your energy on something which, ultimately, is rather trivial (though it may not seem so). I'm more than twice your age, and looking back I see some very foolish things I worried about which really didn't mean anything then (to anyone else) and certainly don't mean anything now (to me or anyone else).

Nice to see you posting.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 03:56:03 PM »
I haven't felt uncomfortable anywhere yet. That may change when I get to California, though. California's got a lot more people and a much wider variety of potentially uncomfortable situations than Hawaii does.
Hair is over rated.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 10:06:20 AM »
Never Never Never I am totally comfortable where ever I go.  Jason you have a beautiful shaped head, what are you worried about.  You are a very handsome guy.  Believe me you have nothing to worry about  :)

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
Like Jason don't know that jet  :*))  on Jason's standards I would have to kill my self because I don't have that Tom Cruise perfect Holliwood face  :Xo!

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »
I have a friend that looks just like you Jason but he is not trippin he is out collecting chicks you should do the same bro  O0

Andrei

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2012, 05:33:17 AM »
Nope, there's no place that made me feel even a little bit uncomfortable because I'm sly.
I can remember some days when I felt uncomfortable because of my haircut, but that was before going bbc.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2012, 06:39:19 AM »
I cannot think of a single place that I would feel uncomfortable as a Sly guy...

b*n!
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2012, 06:46:26 AM »
I cannot think of a single place that I would feel uncomfortable as a Sly guy...

b*n!

I was thinking the same... Any place I would feel uncomfortable sly, I would just be naturally uncomfortable.