Author Topic: Are there places you feel uncomfortable / less comfortable being sly?  (Read 32339 times)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Picking up on a thread by a forum member who wears a hat when he goes into a certain store, are there places you feel either uncomfortable or less comfortable in since you went sly?

In my case, strange as it may sound, the place I feel less comfortable in is my church!  I feel like I stand out because there are very few sly guys there.  I can go to work, out to eat, to stores, to the gym, almost anywhere else and feel totally comfortable being sly.  Yet heading to church, I have this vague sense of discomfort.  No one there has said anything negative (in fact I've gotten a few compliments), but I still feel different.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Are there places you feel uncomfortable / less comfortable being sly?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:23:02 AM »
Nope. I show my shiny dome everywhere without hesitation.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:26:55 AM »
I dont think I've ever been inside a church, but apart from you-know-where, I have absolutely zero problems with being sly (although I still really dont know what the meaning of 'sly' is)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:39:16 AM »
I may have been uncomfortable for maybe 2-3 days after going SLY, but that could possibly said for any style change.

I quickly got over it. ;D

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:07:47 AM »
No way - - -I try to show off  my shiny dome   wherever I go
 The  minister at the church is as bald as I am  - - -and so are alot of other guys there  - - - - -when the new minister arrived several years  - -more and more guys shaved their heads BALD  - -there at least 10 of us totally BALD

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »
I dont think I've ever been inside a church ...

Seriously?  You never had to attend a wedding or a funeral at a church?  How do you live in Europe and not ever go inside a church?   ???

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
Nope, I'm comfortable with it everywhere.
Just say no to rugs!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »
Uh...no. My life, my head.... you do yur thing and I'll do mine.

Time to move along.... nothing to see here.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 05:13:53 PM »
Only the first couple of days did I feel like people were staring. But being the anti-social personality that I am I quickly grew to a point of not caring. That was about 10 years ago. And I still don't care what anybody else thinks.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:54 PM »

Seriously?  You never had to attend a wedding or a funeral at a church?  How do you live in Europe and not ever go inside a church?   ???

People in Europe aren't required to go into a church  :) I don't even know where my nearest church is. I haven't been to a funeral since I was about 10, and it was a non religious funeral, and I don't do weddings. The UK isn't a particularly religious country and I'm not a religious person at all. Religion fascinates me and interests me, but that's about it
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:36:06 PM by GSGUK »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »
People in Europe aren't required to go into a church  :)Religion fascinates me and interests me, but that's about it

Interesting point of view, but so much of European civilization and history are contained in the art and so much of that is in situ, and hence not available unless you go into a church--a few significant works by such artists as  Michelangelo.  Hard to avoid if you're interested in religion too because the architecture reflects the philosophical context of the time the churches were built. 

Slynito

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 07:11:16 PM »
Before the bald look I had a long pony tail that was controversial in my private life and also on the job. It was a challenge for me to always try to show people that long hairs were generous, caring, kind and considerate humans. So that's also the challenge when choosing to be bald. Right?   ???

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 07:23:07 PM »

Seriously?  You never had to attend a wedding or a funeral at a church?  How do you live in Europe and not ever go inside a church?   ???

People in Europe aren't required to go into a church  :) I don't even know where my nearest church is. I haven't been to a funeral since I was about 10, and it was a non religious funeral, and I don't do weddings. The UK isn't a particularly religious country and I'm not a religious person at all. Religion fascinates me and interests me, but that's about it

It's not about being religious or non-religious or attending services. It's just that you are literally surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of churches.  I would have thought that you'd have visited on a school trip or something to study the art and architecture.    :)

Offline good to be bald

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »
i'm bald because i want to be  i love to show it off,  :@` :@` :-*,it feels great to shave and walk out with  shiny dome :-*

Slynito

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 09:02:04 PM »
I'll drink to that! It does feel good, fresh, clean and very liberating.  O0