Author Topic: Hairloss - Attachment & Buddhism  (Read 6735 times)

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
Hairloss - Attachment & Buddhism
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
I wondered if this topic ever came up here on the forum but I think the buddhist view of attachment could help a lot of people who are open to those things dealing with hairloss

here is an interesting audio article - and I think the whole website is quite good http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/x/nav/group.html_1498983019.html

has anyone of you guys experience with buddhism or meditation?

Andrei

Re: Hairloss - Attachment & Buddhism
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »
Nope, sorry.
I'm bbc so i can't say that i completely understand the problem of balding and the insecurities that come with this, but still, I believe the best cure is the razor.
I think it's good from time to time to think about what you want and where you're heading but i wouldn't say this is meditation just self analyse :)
And sometimes that can be done during a shave.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:20:34 AM »
I am a Buddhist district leader . There are many branches and teachings of Buddhism , but fundamentall it started with Shakyhamuni . I prefer to have a shaved head by choice as more of looking good which could be viewed as self treasuring , re nunnciation is not a important part of my teachings at all . Living a good life and being Happy is

"My constant thoughts are that all beings should acquire the body of a Buddha "

The Lotus Sutra teaches , we all have the ability to be awakened

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 12:55:44 AM »
I've done limited reading in the Buddhist area but I do meditate regularly. I follow a very simple regimen in that regard which I didn't start until I was about 50 years old. The reason I waited so long was that all my life people told me how difficult it is to meditate. But it's really one of the easiest and simplest things I've ever done.

I've given a lot of thought to the problem of attachment with regard to how it affects my life. I can't speak to any societies other than the one I live in but it seems to be a nurture (rather than nature) thing in my opinion. Like the line in the movie "Fight Club" says "the things you own end up owning you". In light of that does attachment become a kind of chicken/egg question? It kinda seems cyclic as I sit here at 0130 trying to figure this out. It's kinda like I start off wanting a bedroom set and end up buying a house to put it in. I never realize that I have tied myself by the throat to this structure, I can't leave it until I sell it or the bank repos it.

But that's just the material side of the question.

I don't want to go down the attachment to life path at this time of the day because I WILL GET LONG-WINDED!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.