Author Topic: Completed my 30 days!  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
Completed my 30 days!
« on: May 18, 2020, 01:37:37 PM »
Just realized I completed my first 30 days today! Thank you everyone for your support. Since I’ve been on lockdown, except for my partner and Zoom calls here and there, no one has really seen me sly. The real test will be the first week in June, when I’ll have to be at work in person for a full week. I’m a bit nervous and excited for everyone to see me. Still experimenting with my routine and haven’t quite nailed down what works best yet. Tried shaving in the shower for the first time today, which worked well but I had to do it blindly since I don’t have a shower mirror. Thanks again everyone. I think I’m pretty committed at this point.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: Completed my 30 days!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 02:42:22 PM »
Congratulations Jerome on your first 30 days! The shaved head suits you completely. It won’t take much longer to nail down your routine. I like the shower the best while using a mirror. It goes a little more quickly because you don’t have to worry so much making a mess at the sink with water all over. Even without the mirror it’s fine, you just have to rely more on feel and go a little slower. First day shaved for me wasn’t so bad at the office when i did it (yikes, 14 yrs ago) but I was buzzing my hair so short so maybe people weren’t so shocked. Butt, you’ll get compliments. I bet others will show up with a new haircut, facial hair, or a new hair color. I think that will be an interesting day.

But your noggin looks awesome.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 01:47:57 AM »
Congratulations it loioks great. i always shave in the shower, with no mirror, its much easier once you have done it a few times and feel is much easier than fiddling with a mirror to see the back of your head.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 07:24:16 AM »
I agree with the others shaving by feel is the easiest and fastest way of shaving. Just takes a little practice.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 09:12:31 PM »
Just realized I completed my first 30 days today! Thank you everyone for your support. Since I’ve been on lockdown, except for my partner and Zoom calls here and there, no one has really seen me sly. The real test will be the first week in June, when I’ll have to be at work in person for a full week. I’m a bit nervous and excited for everyone to see me. Still experimenting with my routine and haven’t quite nailed down what works best yet. Tried shaving in the shower for the first time today, which worked well but I had to do it blindly since I don’t have a shower mirror. Thanks again everyone. I think I’m pretty committed at this point.

I have a shower mirror you fill it up with hot water from the shower and hangs on the door it doesn’t fog up and I use an Omni shaver to shave my head and I actually find that I very seldom look at the mirror when I am shaving the back of my head I do that alkost completely by feel

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 07:54:26 AM »
Did you post your new image on social media?

That helps to avoid questions

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 09:49:01 AM »

I did! But I'm not connected on social media to many of my coworkers. My friends were fine and actually encouraging about the change in appearance.

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 09:50:43 AM »
Thanks for all the replies above! I actually have been shaving mostly be feel (especially the back of the head), It's just near the ears that I'm afraid of mutilating myself. Appreciate all the advice!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 03:47:52 PM »

I did! But I'm not connected on social media to many of my coworkers. My friends were fine and actually encouraging about the change in appearance.

Definitely is going to be a surprise 😂

Have fun with the reactions.

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 05:40:58 AM »
Congratulations!!!