Author Topic: How often do you shave your head?  (Read 29885 times)

Offline Brucifer

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: How often do you shave your head?
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2019, 05:58:39 AM »
Been doing every 36-48 hours but I'm working to bring that down to daily.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2019, 09:13:58 AM »
Been doing every 36-48 hours but I'm working to bring that down to daily.
Sounds about right. In my 20s, I could manage 48 hours. Now, I go crazy if I don't hit it every morning. For hot dates on the weekends, I'll likely hit it before going out in the evening

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2019, 11:33:00 AM »
I shave my head 6 days a week most weeks but I try to do it everyday. My hair is really thick and grows super fast. As I've mentioned on these boards before, I look like I have a buzz cut after 36 hours of not shaving it. So it takes longer to shave and not very fun if I were to do it every other day. But sometimes if I have the day off and have no plans to leave my residence for the day then I won't shave my head either.

By the way, I can't believe its almost been 6 months since I began shaving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2019, 01:21:07 PM »
I shave my head 6 days a week most weeks but I try to do it everyday. My hair is really thick and grows super fast. As I've mentioned on these boards before, I look like I have a buzz cut after 36 hours of not shaving it. So it takes longer to shave and not very fun if I were to do it every other day. But sometimes if I have the day off and have no plans to leave my residence for the day then I won't shave my head either.

By the way, I can't believe its almost been 6 months since I began shaving it!
same here: day off and no place to go. LOL

Offline Slyguylou

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2019, 05:32:24 PM »
Twice a day.

5:30am, full wet shave routine in shower; Exfoliate, Cremo, shave, rinse, rinse again with cold water, aftershave.

5:30pm, dry shave, just a dry razor, dry head, aftershave.

Stubble drives me insane, lol.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2019, 07:29:27 PM »
 when I mirror you look portable Barbershop, once a week.  When I am maintaining it myself,  every other day.   my hair is very very fine and wispy it has no color anymore so I get away with doing it every other day

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2019, 06:55:06 PM »
Every day or every other day. Occasionally, I'll let it go for a week and then bring out the shock factor with those whom have gotten comfortable with my shadow look.  O0
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2019, 02:05:53 PM »
Every day or every other day. Occasionally, I'll let it go for a week and then bring out the shock factor with those whom have gotten comfortable with my shadow look.  O0
daily for me.  occasionally, wintertime, I'll let it go 2-3-4 days just to give the skin on top of my head a break. it's good to check on my MPB. after 4 days, I can't stand it tho. looks so stupid

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »
Every day! So many days I think I could skip a day or two, but I get in the shower and out comes the razor. I've gotten to have any stubble at all. And even if I'm going to run a couple of errands, my head just be freshly shaved.

Before I started shaving my head, I would get a haircut about every 5 weeks, and only shave my face a couple times a week. That's why I believe headshaving becomes an obsession for some of us. But there are alot of worse obsessions you could have besides being well groomed!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2019, 12:08:34 PM »
Once a day shaving is not an obsession. But head shaving 2 times “every day” , I would call that an obsession.
Most head shavers just dislike that Velcro feeling. Myself included.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:13:35 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2019, 01:48:41 PM »
Every day! So many days I think I could skip a day or two, but I get in the shower and out comes the razor. I've gotten to have any stubble at all. And even if I'm going to run a couple of errands, my head just be freshly shaved.

Before I started shaving my head, I would get a haircut about every 5 weeks, and only shave my face a couple times a week. That's why I believe headshaving becomes an obsession for some of us. But there are alot of worse obsessions you could have besides being well groomed!
while on the topic, if you ever stop shaving for a few days, 3-4-5, do you get strange looks from friends and strangers? Maybe it's just my obsessiveness. idk.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »

while on the topic, if you ever stop shaving for a few days, 3-4-5, do you get strange looks from friends and strangers? Maybe it's just my obsessiveness. idk.

Never happened to me, since I start to shave my head almost two years ago I don't let anyone see me in public with more than a day of hair growth (except for the barber)

Offline Keith183

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »
Everyday, between 6pm and 8pm..lol

Offline flattopcat

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2019, 06:59:44 AM »
I shave at least twice a day, can't stand the stubble on my head, I will shave first thing in the morning and then again before bed if not sooner.

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2019, 07:17:35 AM »
I am retired so unless there is a dinner engagement, I shave every other day.
I use a Mach 3 and top it off with a Niivea lotion. Nice smooth finish.