Author Topic: when is it time to put the hat aside?  (Read 17430 times)

Offline Pouria007

• Sly Guy in Training
when is it time to put the hat aside?
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »
Hi sly dudes  O0

I've been losing hair since my 19 but the last year i started to loose hair drastically as i turned 25. It was quite a shock and destroyed my romance/professional confidence. I was so desperate until I found this forum  :D
You guys convinced me to shave the remaining bunch of hair off and "man up" !  8) tnx for your help bros.

Any way, I have been sly for over 3 weeks now and I can't still put my hat off when I'm hanging out/going to work/dating. I just have the guts to expose my shiny hair to my family, my closest friends and random strangers in the street.
When is it time to put the damn thing aside? I'm scared as hell to receive disappointing feedbacks  :(

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: when is it time to put the hat aside?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:35:28 PM »
Welcome, friend!

There's nothing wrong with wearing a hat if you're going to be outside for a long time...I guess you have fear of reactions, I used to wear my hat a lot in the beginning, until I saw more and more guys not wear their hats. The big step was shaving, just give yourself time. Once you and others get used to it, it will be no big deal, and you can wear hats for protection and style and not so much for fear and shame. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:03:23 PM »
When I shaved my full head of hair nearly 3 years ago, I couldn't wait to show off my new look. Funny, I still feel the same way after my daily headshave. I will wear a hat in the winter, but it comes off as I enter a building.

As many of us have said, nobody really cares as much as you think they do. Get rid of the hat, show off that smooth dome, the comments with soon stop. Just tell people you got a summer haircut.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Pouria007

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 11:58:58 PM »
Welcome, friend!

There's nothing wrong with wearing a hat if you're going to be outside for a long time...I guess you have fear of reactions, I used to wear my hat a lot in the beginning, until I saw more and more guys not wear their hats. The big step was shaving, just give yourself time. Once you and others get used to it, it will be no big deal, and you can wear hats for protection and style and not so much for fear and shame. Good luck!
Hi, Thanks SirHarry for your hints!
I know nothing's wrong with wearing a hat for protection but the fact that i wear it mainly because of insecurity is killing me! I used to have strong confidence no matter what! and when people ask me why i shaved my head i keep giving them lame excuses such as "for fun" or "getting ready for military service" etc  :o I just wanna stop wearing the hat and start wearing my new look!

Offline Pouria007

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 12:12:34 AM »
When I shaved my full head of hair nearly 3 years ago, I couldn't wait to show off my new look. Funny, I still feel the same way after my daily headshave. I will wear a hat in the winter, but it comes off as I enter a building.

As many of us have said, nobody really cares as much as you think they do. Get rid of the hat, show off that smooth dome, the comments with soon stop. Just tell people you got a summer haircut.
Hi, When did you shave your head off? I think at a certain age people DO care about your new look, don't they?

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 05:51:27 AM »
Like RedDog, I'm BBC and when I shaved my head for the first time, I could not wait to show off my shiny head. I still feel the same way. I rarely wear a hat. A bald head just looks too good not to show it off. 

I also feel it is supportive of the guys who are BBN, showing that a bald head is a really nice style.  I also put on some Head Lube Glossy to give my head just a little extra shine.  Love that shiny look.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 06:06:46 AM »
We're our own biggest critics. Once you put it aside and give yourself a couple of days, you'll find no one really cares if you're sly.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Pouria007

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 06:25:18 AM »
Like RedDog, I'm BBC and when I shaved my head for the first time, I could not wait to show off my shiny head. I still feel the same way. I rarely wear a hat. A bald head just looks too good not to show it off. 

I also feel it is supportive of the guys who are BBN, showing that a bald head is a really nice style.  I also put on some Head Lube Glossy to give my head just a little extra shine.  Love that shiny look.
You have my blessings ! because of you BBC guys, society thinks of shaved heads as an awesome style!
I used to be BBC at least twice (as long as i can remember) in my life but that was different! I was so happy and confident about it and it wasn't a close shave rather a really short buzz cut. But that made me look like a bad-ass  8) I'm trying to kick the nature in the balls and take advantage of this hair loss to gain some style  8) O:O

Offline Pouria007

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 06:29:46 AM »
We're our own biggest critics. Once you put it aside and give yourself a couple of days, you'll find no one really cares if you're sly.
I couldn't agree more! I've been out with my beloveds since the very beginning but you know what scares me? getting mocked by those hater bastards who try to cover their insecurities by attacking other people! I'm sure you know some of them in your own lives :)

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 07:40:24 AM »
Any way, I have been sly for over 3 weeks now and I can't still put my hat off when I'm hanging out/going to work/dating. I just have the guts to expose my shiny hair to my family, my closest friends and random strangers in the street.

When is it time to put the damn thing aside? I'm scared as hell to receive disappointing feedbacks

Your hat is your security blanket.  I wore beanies for a week before I exposed my chrome dome to the world.  You just have to feel ready and follow your own terms.  I have a good friend who is bald that told me most people don't really care one way or the other.  He was right.

As far as criticisms from others are concerned you need to just not worry about it.  I couldn't care less whether people like my being bald or not; however, I think it's great if they like the new look.  Try taking the same stance and you should be fine.  After a while people will get used to your new look whether they like it or not and move on. 

Offline Pouria007

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »
Your hat is your security blanket.  I wore beanies for a week before I exposed my chrome dome to the world.  You just have to feel ready and follow your own terms.  I have a good friend who is bald that told me most people don't really care one way or the other.  He was right.

As far as criticisms from others are concerned you need to just not worry about it.  I couldn't care less whether people like my being bald or not; however, I think it's great if they like the new look.  Try taking the same stance and you should be fine.  After a while people will get used to your new look whether they like it or not and move on. 
I totally agree with you. But I'm living in a small town where people don't embrace diversity of styles!!! They react live I'm on chemo or something. When I commute to the larger city It's barely a problem but in my hometown every single look irritates me  :Xo!
Any advises?

Offline Bald_Bro

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »
I wore hats all the time when I had hair, and I still wear hats now, not because I'm embarrassed to be bald, but for sun protection. Any time I golf or am doing yard work, I like to wear hats because the sun beating down your beautiful head can be dangerous. Wear hats if you want to, not because you want to cover up. And if people say something about you wearing a hat, that says more about them than you.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 11:16:36 AM »
Give it some time and you will be gald to take the hat off.  It will soon be a non issue.
SlyBeard

Offline Pouria007

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 11:22:26 AM »
You guys are great! I wish I visited this forum sooner. You won't believe how many weeks I was uncertain to go sly. Finally I'm bald and started to learn how to be proud of it  O0

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 04:43:18 AM »
Hang on to it when the sun is out .I burned my head last week  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Enter your email address: