Author Topic: Being bald in the 70,s  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Being bald in the 70,s
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:27:48 PM »

What you think?

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Being bald in the 70,s
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 05:37:49 PM »
Very few shaved heads in the 70's. A few actors and athletes that were bald on top and shaved the rest. But you can see by the shadow that this guy has a full head of hair. He was definitely committed to his wrestling personna!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 05:38:19 AM »
I shaved my head in the late 70'a when the practice was very uncommon.  From when I entered college I have maintain a very close buzz cut and was not unhappy when started losing hair, 

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 06:47:29 AM »
I was 18 yo in 1972 during the height of the long hair hippie era. Through my 20's and 30's I really wanted very  short hair, but didn't have the guts to do it. In my early 30's I did get a long flattop, but my hair stylist wife put the my body on that. So kudos to you Bennett for bucking the trend!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 07:26:10 AM »
Funny clip.  The 70's was definitely the time for long hair on guys.  I do not recall ever seeing a guy with a shaved head in person, only a few actors on TV.  But I do remember thinking those actors looked cool with their shaved heads.
SlyBeard

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »
When I was 12 I got one summer a crew cut which was during WWII years and mother had a fit,  good boys don't do that.  I  didn't want to ber a "good boy" so when I got to college the first thing I did was to  get a buzz cut which I kept getting getting as short as barber would cut it.  In 1953 I almost shaved my head on a dare.  In the late 60's I had a friend who had immune disease as a teen and lost all hair  every where.  I sort of envied him. but didn't plunge with head hair to late 70's.